These delicious yogurt banana strawberry muffins are sweet, buttery and so quick and easy to make, they will brighten up your day in a flash.
These strawberry muffins are easy to cook with spring and summer strawberries to use your ripe bananas. Adding fruit to muffins makes them moist and adds a touch of freshness to the muffins. If you like that, check out our Coconut-Blueberry Muffins and our super popular Ginger Turmeric Pear Muffins and our super healthy Fig and Strawberry Breakfast Muffins
The secret to our strawberry banana muffins is adding yogurt to the batter, which makes these yogurt muffins extra moist and fluffy. The rest of the ingredients are simple, flour, oil, sugar.
And what better way to remind us that the warm weather is coming than fresh, colorful, juicy strawberries? You can make this yogurt muffin recipe even in the winter months when strawberries, for the most part, are not the tastiest (especially on the East Coast of the US) but they're still beautiful and absolutely perfect for baking
Ingredients for Strawberry Muffins
- Self Rising Flour: you can make your own by adding 1 ½ tsp of baking powder and ¼ tsp of salt to one cup of unbleached all-purpose flour
- Sugar: these muffins are not overly sweet, which we love
- Yogurt: use any vanilla yogurt of your choice, regular, vegan, or greek yogurt
- Milk: regular or plant-based. We used unsweetened almond milk
- Coconut Oil: you can use vegan butter, regular butter, or oil
- Strawberries and bananas
- Vanilla Extract for extra flavor
These delicious muffins are sweet, buttery and so quick and easy to make, they will brighten up your day in a flash. You can thank my 8 year old for that! He's actually the one who came up with the idea, while playing around in the kitchen on a Saturday night. Instead of going out, he asked if we could stay home and bake cupcakes. "If we use strawberries, bananas and yogurt they'll be healthy, just like a smoothie!", was his rationale, and I wasn't about to argue with him.
They ended up looking so pretty that we skipped the icing altogether and turned them into strawberry banana muffins.
How to make Strawberry Muffins
Once the batter is ready, line a muffin tin with muffin liners and place a slice of banana at the bottom of each liner.
Pour the batter and place ½ a strawberry on top.
Bake and enjoy
Eat these yogurt muffins fresh and Store them in the fridge and warm then up in the microwave or toaster oven before enjoying again.
Other vegan muffins you will enjoy
- Peanut Butter and Banana Mini muffins
- Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Muffins
- Vegan Strawberry & Fig Breakfast Muffins
- Blueberry Corn Muffins
- Cheesy Vegan Corn Muffins
- Ginger, Pear & Turmeric Muffins
- Vegan Pumpkin Muffins
- Coconut Blueberry Muffins
These delicious strawberry banana yogurt muffins are sweet, buttery and so quick and easy to make, they will brighten up your day in a flash.
- 1 cup self-rising flour ( see note 1 to make your own)
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- ½ cup unsweetened almond milk, lukewarm
- 1-5.3 container light vanilla Greek Yogurt or vanilla yogurt
- 1 tsp natural vanilla extract
- 4 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 1 ripe banana
- 6 medium to small strawberries, washed and thoroughly dried
- Preheat oven to 400F. Line a 12 cup muffin tin with lines and coat them with cooking spray
- Combine flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in a bowl. Set aside
- In a large bowl, whisk together lukewarm almond milk, yogurt and vanilla. Slowly pour melted coconut oil, whisking constantly until well incorporated
- Add flour mixture and mix until just combined ( do not overmix) and let it sit for a few minutes
- Cut the banana in 12 even slices and slice the strawberries in half
- Place a slice of banana at the bottom of each cupcake liner. Spoon batter, filling each liner about ⅔ of the way. Place a strawberry half on top and gently press it down
- Bake at 400F for 18-20 minutes
- You can make your own by adding 1 ½ tsp of baking powder and ¼ tsp of salt to one cup of unbleached all-purpose flour
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 muffin
- Calories: 133
- Sugar: 11
- Sodium: 206
- Fat: 5
- Saturated Fat: 4
- Unsaturated Fat: .6
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 20
- Fiber: .7
- Protein: 2.4
- Cholesterol: 0
Keywords: Vegan, vegetarian, banana muffins, strawberry muffins, yogurt muffins
Did you like these Strawberry Muffins?
Share it and leave us a star rating! You didn’t? Tell us why! You want to make it, but you have questions? We’re here to help! Connect with us via Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest, or Facebook, or simply leave us a comment here. We want to get to know you! Wanna see more recipes? Subscribe to our blog