These light and savory Artichoke Asparagus Frittatas are perfect on the go breakfast or snack. Pair them with soup or salad for a light lunch.
Spring is being very stubborn this year. I know, we have been complaining about this for several posts now, but we’ve been granted only one sunny day in the last 2 weeks, and we are longing for some sunshine and warmth. Now we know how our friends in Seattle feel!
Luckily for us, vegetables don’t care about this less than desirable weather, and markets are filled with wonderful spring produce, such as asparagus, artichokes, beets, peas, fava beans, and mangoes. So today we’re sharing a recipe for bite-size and Artichoke and Asparagus Frittatas.
These light and savory mini frittatas are essentially small baked omelets. We bake ours in muffin tins to keep them all the same size and they’re easy to grab and go. They make a tasty, easy breakfast, snack, or light lunch and they’re great to add some variety to the ways they enjoy spring vegetables. Thanks to the high protein and fiber content, they will keep you going regardless of when you fit them in!
We love the combination of flavor and texture that asparagus and artichokes offer, but these two vegetables are not the only veggies you can add to these frittatas! How about some yellow squash, peas, and carrots, or a fava bean cilantro combo? The possibilities are endless! Visit your local market and try new healthy and delicious veggies. Find your own fun combination and share it with us on Instagram or Facebook! We love hearing from you!
Other Frittata Recipes You Will Surely Enjoy:
- Tortilla de patatas
- Eggplant Montadito
- Artichoke and Asparagus Frittatas
- Quinoa, Mushroom and Zucchini Frittata
- Spinach and Cheese Bites
- Cheese Zucchini Frittata
Artichoke Asparagus Frittatas – easy grab and go breakfast, snack or light lunch. Full of protein and great for Passover too
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 5 artichoke bottom (fresh or frozen), diced
- 1 dozen asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 6 eggs
- 2 cups fresh chopped parsley
- Preheat oven to 375F. Generously coat a 12 cup muffin tin with cooking spray
- Heat olive oil in a large nonstick skillet. Add artichokes and asparagus and cook over medium heat for 5 minutes. Add garlic and onion powder and black pepper and continue cooking for another 10 minutes. Set aside
- In a large bowl, beat eggs. Add salt, chopped parsley and cooked artichokes and asparagus. Mix well and spoon over each muffin tin. Bake for 20 minutes
- Serving Size: 2 Frittatas
- Calories: 180
- Sugar: 1
- Sodium: 270
- Fat: 5
- Saturated Fat: 1.2
- Unsaturated Fat: 3.6
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 7
- Fiber: 3.5
- Protein: 6
- Cholesterol: 93