Get ready to entertain this summer with this Harissa and Red Pepper Hummus with Grilled Flatbread ! Brushed with olive oil, seasoned with Frontier Fine Grind Pink Himalayan Salt and a touch of thyme and grilled to perfection, this flatbread is a delicious "transportation device" for the flavored packed hummus.
Grilling is one of the (many) things we love about summer. It's a great way to infuse flavor into light, healthy meals, and it's always a great excuse to hang out outside ( something we try to take advantage of as much as we can living on the East Coast!).
Summer days are also a great excuse to entertain, something that, as you probably know by now, we love to do, and we do often.
Today we've partnered up with Frontier Co-op to bring you this light and delicious appetizer, that is just perfect to serve on your next BBQ or summer gathering.
Going back to our Middle Eastern roots, we've prepared a flavor packed roasted red pepper hummus, made with harissa. Harissa is a North African condiment made with chili paste, garlic, herbs and spices. We like the touch of heat that it gives the red pepper hummus. We seasoned the hummus with cumin, coriander, and one of our personal favorites, Pink Himalayan Salt. This pure, unadulterated salt is found in the Himalayan mountains, and its high mineral content gives it its beautiful pink color. The fine grind makes it ideal for cooking, and for finishing dishes with a burst of flavor and a touch if color.
To go with this creamy, luscious hummus, we prepared a quick, easy and simple grilled flat bread, brushed with olive and seasoned with a touch of the Pink Salt to bring all the flavors together.
Spices and salts are a great way to enhance the flavor of your favorite dishes, especially while grilling. What are you favorite ones? What's your favorite way of using them? Leave us a comment here, on Facebook, Instagram or Twitter and let us know. We always love hearing from you!
About Frontier Co-op: "Frontier is committed to providing pure seasonings that taste great and promote healthy communities, as well as a healthy planet. We source our spices from growers committed to quality, sustainability and ethical trade. Working hand-in- hand with our growers, we strive to build and foster partnerships that positively impact communities around the globe — all while providing the highest quality products to our customers."
Other Hummus Recipes
- 5-Minute Hummus
- Roasted Beet Hummus
- Chocolate Hummus
- Hummus and Grilled Vegetable Pizza
- Red Pepper and Harissa Hummus
- Chipotle Hummus and Roasted VegetableTacos
- Cauliflower Hummus
- Warm Deconstructed Hummus
- Shawarma Mushroom Hummus Recipe
Get ready to entertain this summer with this Red Pepper and Harissa Hummus with Grilled Flatbread! Brushed with olive oil, seasoned with Pink Himalayan Salt and a touch of thyme and grilled to perfection, this flatbread is a delicious "transportation device" for the flavored packed hummus.
- For the hummus:
- 1-15.5 ounce can chickpeas, rinse and drained (reserve a few chickpeas as a garnish, if desired)
- ¼ cup tahini
- 2 jarred roasted peppers
- ¼ cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 tbsp Harissa
- ½ tsp Frontier Fine Grind Pink Himalayan Salt
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- ¼ tsp ground coriander
- For the grilled flatbread:
- 1 pound store bough pizza dough
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 tsp dry thyme, divided
- ½ tsp Frontier Fine Grind Pink Himalayan Salt, divided
- To prepare the hummus, combine all the ingredients in the food processor and process until smooth. Refrigerate until ready to use
- To prepare the flatbread, start by heating the grill to 500F
- Divide the dough in half. Roll each half on a floured surface until it's about ⅛ inch thick, or thinner
- Brush each piece of dough with 1 tablespoon of olive oil, sprinkle with ½ teaspoon of thyme and ¼ teaspoon of Pink Himalayan Salt. Grill for 8-10 minutes
- Category: Appetizer
- Cuisine: Kosher / Vegan
This is a sponsored post. All opinions are ours.