Passover golden milk cashew cheesecake bites. Vegan, refined sugar and gluten free and perfect for Passover.
So, this is the current situation at my house: my recently married daughter and her husband are home for Passover, and they've been on a refined-sugar-detox for a few weeks. My 16 year old son decided a few weeks ago that he wants to get "in shape", so he started a pretty strict diet / workout program. And being the stubborn / very determined young man that he is, he barely allows himself to cheat. My husband, who HAS TO keep up with my son, is pretty much doing the same (he's not as good at the no cheating part, but he's really trying!). BUT, they still all want to have some kind of dessert, especially for the Holiday.
You know what that means? Let me tell you. I have to come up with recipes that are kosher for Passover AND are not sweetened with any refined sugar (i.e mainly fruit, dates and occasionally maple syrup). And by "I" I mean my sister of course (I'm the photographer, not the mad scientist, that's her job).
So... here's her first creation: a golden milk cashew "cheesecake", that we are serving in small individual portions, because, really, after sitting at the Seder table for hours and finishing dinner close to midnight, no one needs anything huge, or heavy!
This spice filed dessert is sweetened with a tablespoon of maple syrup and dates. It's vegan and gluten free, very easy to prepare and can be made ahead of time. And best of all (for me anyway), my family approves...
Did you like these golden milk cheesecake bites ? Leave us a rating! Did you love it? Share it or leave us comment on Twitter or Facebook! Wanna see more? Subscribe to our blog and remember to follow us on Pinterest!
Passover Golden Milk Cashew Cheesecake Bites. Vegan, refined sugar and gluten free and perfect for Passover!
- For the golden milk cream:
- ¾ cup raw cashews
- ¾ cup warm unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 2 tbsp almond butter
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tsp grated fresh ginger
- 1 tsp turmeric
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- For the crust:
- ¼ cup shelled pistachios
- ¼ cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 3 Medjool dates
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp orange zest (optional)
- Combine the cashews and warm almond milk in a bowl and let them soak for 30 minutes
- Transfer them to a high power blender or a Nutribullet, add the almond butter, maple syrup, ginger, turmeric and cinnamon and and blend until smooth. Refrigerate until ready to use
- To prepare the crust, combine all the ingredients in the food processor and pulse until well combined
- Serve the cream on spoons topped with the crust, or layer them in small cups
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: Kosher / Vegan
- Calories: 177
- Sugar: 9
- Sodium: 21
- Fat: 12.2
- Saturated Fat: 3
- Unsaturated Fat: 8
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 15.4
- Fiber: 2.2
- Protein: 4.7
- Cholesterol: 0