These Not Just for Passover Quinoa Stuffed Grape Leaves In Red Wine Sauce are a simple and delicious dish you can serve all year long. Vegan and gluten free.
Growing up in a country where the Passover options were extremely limited, every year we are amazed at the new selection of kosher for Passover foods available at our local grocery stores. While it may seem a little excessive to have such a vast amount of products available for only 8 days, considering the amount of meals we have to prepare and how much we entertain, we're definitely thankful for it!
Some of our favorites this year were definitely coconut products, such as coconut oil and coconut milk (which makes dairy free cooking and baking a lot easier!), and these kosher for Passover jarred grape leaves.
Canned kosher, vegan stuffed grape leaves are easily found all year long, but we haven't found any brand that is actually kosher for Passover. So when we found these, we figured we would try to make our own.
We made a quinoa stuffing, seasoned with allspice, garlic and onion powder and baked them in a bed of tangy tomato and red wine sauce with a splash of Balsamic vinegar and a touch of brown sugar to bring some sweet and sour flavors into this dish.
Did you like these stuffed grape leaves ? Leave us a rating! Did you love it? Share it or leave us comment on Twitter or Facebook! Wanna see more? Subscribe to our blog and remember to follow us on Pinterest!
Not Just For Passover Quinoa Stuffed Grape Leaves In Red Wine Sauce
- 21 jarred grape leaves
- For the filling:
- 1 ½ cups cooked quinoa
- ⅓ cup chopped parsley
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- ½ tsp onion powder
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp allspice
- For the sauce:
- 2 cups jarred pasta sauce
- 1 cup red wine
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 tsp toasted pine nuts for garnish (optional)
- To prepare the filling, combine all the ingredients in a bowl and mix well
- Unroll the grape leaves, one at a time, on a cutting board. Add a heaping tablespoon of filling in the center, and roll as shown in the video below
- Preheat the oven to 400F
- To prepare the sauce, whisk together all the ingredients in a large bowl. Spread it on the bottom of a 9-inch round baking dish. Arrange the stuffed grape leaves on top, cover tightly with tin foil and bake for 30 minutes
- Garnish with toasted pine nuts and serve warm
- Prep Time: 20 mins
- Cook Time: 50 mins
- Category: Entree
- Cuisine: Kosher / Vegan
- Serving Size: 3-4 grape leaves
- Calories: 154
- Sugar: 8.4
- Sodium: 392
- Fat: 6.1
- Saturated Fat: 1
- Unsaturated Fat: 4.6
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 20.8
- Fiber: 3.1
- Protein: 3.6
- Cholesterol: 0