Apparently they loved it some much, that our sister Rebeca told us they asked for it when they went back to Israel. The thing is, she doesn't even know what it's called over there! So if any of you out there knows, please leave us a comment. A couple of very cute, hungry kids will be very happy to know 🙂
- 1 cup instant polenta ( see note for not instant polenta)
- 3 cups cashew milk (we used So Delicious) ( see note for not instant polenta)
- ½ tsp salt
- ⅛ tsp black pepper
- ½ tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp veggie broth powder Optional
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 pound assorted mushrooms, sliced (we used portabella, crimini and oyster)
- ¼ tsp salt
- ⅛ tsp pepper
- 2 garlic cloves grated
- ½ fresh grated parsley
- 1 tsp herbes de provence
- Cooking spray
- Parley to garnish
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or aluminum foil and coat with cooking spray
- In a medium size sauce pan, combine cashew milk with salt, pepper, oregano and veggie powder if using it. Cook on low until tiny bubbles start to form on the surface.
- Add polenta, stirring constantly until you reach a creamy consistency, about 3 minutes.
- Spread polenta on the baking sheet, about ¼- ½ inch thick. Set aside to cool
- In the meantime, prepare the mushrooms:
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet. Add mushrooms, garlic, parsley, salt, pepper and herbes de provence. Cook over medium heat, stirring often until all the water from the mushrooms is gone, 5-7 minutes.
- Spread mushrooms over polenta and drizzle with Tomato - Pomegranate reduction ( see recipe below)
- Serve immediately. If you are making this dish ahead you can put it in the fridge and then warm it up in the oven before serving.
IF YOU USE NON INSTANT POLENTA, YOU WILL NEED 6 CUPS OF LIQUID AND 30 MINUTES COOKING TIME.
YOU CAN SUBSTITUTE CASHEW MILK FOR ANY OTHER DAIRY, NON DAIRY MILK OR BROTH
- Category: Main
- Cuisine: Mediterranean / Kosher
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- ½ cup pomegranate juice
- 2 tsp sugar ( we used Wholesome sweeteners)
- pinch of salt
- In an non stick skillet, combine tomato paste and olive oil. Cook over medium heat for 5 minutes, stirring constantly
- Add pomegranate juice, sugar and salt. Continue cooking for 3-5 minutes until it thickens
- Category: Sauce
- Cuisine: Mediterranean / kosher