Over the past few days, I’ve spent an awful lot of time thinking about summer. Yes, I do realize that we still have a few months till we get there… and no, it’s not because this winter has been just plain awful.
It’s because of some not-so-good news I just received. My dear niece just informed us that she will not be working as our “intern” this summer.
C’mon… Seriously?? What 17 year old wouldn’t jump at the opportunity to spend all summer with her aunt, sitting at a coffee shop doing work… for hours…. in 90 degree weather… getting paid nothing…. Oh, wait… Ok… She may have a point there…
But anyway, it doesn’t matter. The thing is, we can’t afford to lose her. She did an amazing job for us last year. Helped us tremendously. But most importantly, she kept me company all summer. Sounds totally selfish on my part, I know, but it’s the truth.
I have to find a way to make her change her mind. It’s bribing time I supposed… Maybe, since she LOVES Romesco, I’ll start by offering to make her this grillled cheese sandwich every single day and go from there…
Any other suggestions?? Feel free to share 😉
Romesco is a nutty, slightly sweet dipping sauce from the Catalunya region of Spain. It’s typically served with roasted vegetable and meats and makes a great spread for sandwiches or simply slathered over toasted bread.
- 2-2oz pieces whole wheat baguette
- 4-5 tbsp Romesco Sauce (Click here for recipe)
- 4oz Manchego cheese
- Slice each baguette piece in half and slightly toast all four halves
- Spread Romesco sauce on each half. Arrange cheese over two of them and top with the other halves to form 2 sandwiches
- Place sandwiches in the toaster oven at medium temperature until the cheese is completely melted