This manchego grilled cheese with romesco sauce is Spain in a grilled cheese sandwich. Sharp and nutty manchego cheese gets enhanced by the sweet and tangy homemade romesco sauce. Not your typical grilled cheese!
- 2–2oz pieces whole wheat baguette
- 4–5 tbsp Romesco Sauce (Click here for recipe)
- 4oz Manchego cheese
- Slice each baguette piece in half and slightly toast all four halves
- Spread Romesco sauce on each half. Arrange cheese over two of them and top with the other halves to form 2 sandwiches
- Place sandwiches in the toaster oven at medium temperature until the cheese is completely melted