Our quick and easy S’mores Bars will bring that exquisite first taste of biting into a freshly made S’more without the bother of muddy sneakers or mosquitos! It’s a perfect summer dessert for family picnics and barbecues when nothing but old-school deliciousness will do.
Crispy S’mores Bars
Can you still remember the s’mores of your childhood – the sticky sweetness of glowing, charred marshmallow and slow-melting chocolate squares sandwiched between two graham cracker cookies?
Our delicious Crispy S’mores Bars recreate this perfect trifecta of flavors resulting in a wholesome dessert bar that takes minutes to prepare, guarantees to put a smile on all of your guests, and best of all, no sticky fingers (well, maybe a little)!
We use crisped rice cereal and melted vegan marshmallows to build the body of the bar in a style similar to “Rice Crispy Treats.” We build our S'mores Bars in an 8”x8” square pan. We start with the marshmallow-rice crispy layer, taking care to press it into all sides of the pan, then we add a layer of melted chocolate (or chocolate spread) and then we add a layer of crushed store-bought graham crackers (or graham cracker crumbs) to cover the entire surface and let it set.
How to Make S'mores Bars
Line a pan with parchment paper
Melt vegan marshmallows, you may also use marshmallow fluff if vegetarian
Mix marshmallows with crispy rice cereal
Spread rice cereal and marshmallow into the prepared parchment-lined pan
Pour melted chocolate
Spread melted chocolate on crispy rice cereal and marshmallow mixture
Top chocolate with crushed graham crackers of graham crackers crumbs and top with mini marshmallows
For some interesting variations of the S’mores Bars, try some of the following:
- Swirl melted dark chocolate and peanut butter on top of the marshmallow-rice crispy layer
- Substitute Marshmallow Fluff for the vegan marshmallows, if not vegan
- Replace the layer of melted chocolate with Hazelnut Chocolate Spread or Tahini Chocolate Spread
- Mix the rice cereal with some crushed freeze-dried strawberries, raspberries or mangos for a fruity twist to this classic dessert
- Use gluten-free graham crackers if you want to make this dessert gluten-free
Did you like our S'mores Bars? Scroll down to the comments and leave us a rating! Did you love it? Share it or leave us a comment on Instagram, Twitter or Facebook! Wanna see more? Subscribe to our blog and remember to follow us on Pinterest!Print
Our quick and easy S’mores Bars will bring that exquisite first taste of biting into a freshly made S’more without the bother of muddy sneakers or mosquitos! It’s a perfect Summer dessert for family picnics and barbeques when nothing but old-school deliciousness will do.
- Line an 8x8 inch baking dish with wax or parchment paper and spray it lightly with cooking spray (to help the paper fit and stick the dish, coat the bottom and sides with cooking spray before putting the paper on it)
- Combine the marshmallows and the 2 tablespoons of coconut oil in a large microwave-safe bowl. Place it in the microwave in 30-second increments, until the marshmallows are melted
- Add the crispy rice and stir well, so it's well coated with the melted marshmallows. Transfer it to the lined baking dish and press it evenly. Let it cool for about 10 minutes
- In the meantime, melt the chocolate chips with 1 tablespoon of coconut oil ( you can do this in the microwave at 30-second increments, stirring well each time). Pour it evenly over the crispy rice and top with graham crackers (and mini marshmallows, if using.) If using marshmallows and own a kitchen torch you can warm the mini marshmallows before serving.
- Before serving, lift the parchment paper, place it on a cutting board and cut the s'mores into 16 even square bars.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: No bake
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 bar
- Calories: 142
- Sugar: 13.1
- Sodium: 63
- Fat: 6.7
- Saturated Fat: 4.6
- Unsaturated Fat: 0.3
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 20.8
- Fiber: 1.1
- Protein: 1.4
- Cholesterol: 0
Keywords: s'mores, bars, vegan, dessert, summer