These Cheesy Passover Pesto Zoodles ( Zucchini Noodles) will make you forget all about that mushy potato starch Passover pasta! This low carb, gluten-free vegetarian recipe features yellow and green zucchini pasta, basil parmesan pesto, creamy mozzarella, fresh tomatoes, and pine nuts.
This Cheesy Passover Pesto Zoodles recipe was sponsored by Les Petites Fermieres and Natural and Kosher. All the opinions are our own. Please support the brands that support May I Have That Recipe.
Ok, so it's pretend pasta, but really, who cares? We already made Passover cauliflower rice it was wicked good. We guarantee these Cheesy Passover Pesto Noodles won't disappoint. They are a great vehicle for Natural and Kosher parmesan pesto, creamy Les Petites Fermieres mozzarella cheese, fresh tomatoes and pine nuts. They are so satisfying, we promise you won't miss pasta this Passover.
Making noodles out of zucchini is not something new, we know that. Do a Google search and you'll find thousands of recipes! And there's a reason why they have become so popular: they are awesome, low-calorie and low-carb! So much so, that there is an entire cookbook out dedicated to them. We started experimenting with zoodle recipes about 3 years ago, and we've been fans ever since.
How to Spiralize Zucchini
If you have the right tools, you can make noodles out of carrots, parsnips, beets, sweet potatoes... you name it! The first time we made them, we used a Julienne Peeler. It's inexpensive and a good way to start, but it really limits you to pretty much zucchini and maybe cucumbers.
The hand spiralizer, on the other hand, is easier to use and works on hard vegetables like carrots, parsnips, but again you are a little bit limited since it works best on long vegetables. It's almonst like a penil sharpener for vegetables.
On our wish list is this spiralizer, because you can pretty much make noodles out of any vegetable, no matter the shape or hardness. It comes with different blades, that you can use to make different shapes of noodles.
No matter what tool you use, make sure to try this recipe, it's definitely worth it!
Other Zucchini Recipes
- Zucchini Noodles
- Zucchini Bread
- Bake Feta and Zucchini Frittata
- Quinoa Zucchini Brakfast Muffins
- Zucchini Cauliflower Soup
- Zucchini Boats
- Turmeric Ginger Vegetable Soup Recipe
Cheesy Passover Pesto Zoodles, this low carb, gluten free vegetarian recipe features yellow and green zucchini pasta, basil parmesan pesto, creamy mozzarella, fresh tomatoes and pine nuts.
- For the Pesto:
- 1 cup tightly packed fresh basil leaves
- ⅓ cup Natural & Kosher Parmesan Cheese
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 tsp lemon zest
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- ⅛ tsp salt
- For the zucchini noodles:
- 3 green zucchini
- 2 yellow zucchini
- 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tbsp pine nuts
- ¾ cup Les Petites Fermieres Shredded Mozzarella
- 1 cup grape tomatoes
- ⅛ tsp salt (optional)
- Lemon zest for garnish
- To prepare the pesto, combine all the ingredients in the food processor and pulse until well combined. Set aside
- Make the zucchini noodles using the spiralizer and set them aside ( see spiralizing tools on the blog post)
- In a large non-stick skillet, heat 1 teaspoon of olive oil. Add pine nuts and cook over medium heat for about 3 minutes or until golden brown, stirring constantly to keep them from burning. Set aside
- In the same skillet, add about half of the pesto sauce. Add the noodles and the rest of the pesto on top. Toss well and cook over medium heat for 3-4 minutes. Add cheese, toss well and continue cooking until melted, 3-4 minutes. Add the tomatoes and salt and cook for another 3 minutes
- Garnish with lemon zest and black pepper, if desired, and serve immediately
- Category: Entree
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Italian
- Serving Size: ¼ of the recipe
- Calories: 222
- Sugar: 1.5
- Sodium: 371
- Fat: 20.4
- Saturated Fat: 5.2
- Unsaturated Fat: 13
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 4.5
- Fiber: 1.1
- Protein: 7.5
- Cholesterol: 15.3
Keywords: passover, zoodles, zucchini noddles, gluten-free, low calorie, low-carb, pesto, cheese
Did you make these Zoodle recipe?
Scroll down to the comments and leave us a rating! Your comments inspire us to keep creating recipes! Did you love the recipe? Share it or leave us a comment on Instagram, Twitter or Facebook! Wanna see more? Subscribe to our blog and remember to follow us on Pinterest and Instagram!