15 Minute High Protein Black Bean Noodle Vegetable Lo Mein – a quick, easy, nutritious and delicious dish that is ready in a snap!
A few days ago, a commercial came on for something like a slow cooker or an Instapot (wasn’t really paying attention), where they showed a couple in the kitchen, and the woman saying something like “Dinner time is the worst time of my life!”. Not my day, not my week, MY LIFE. Wow, really? Whoever was in charge of writing that script is either the luckiest person in the world, or has been living under a rock for the last 15 years. With everything going in the world, and the struggles I’m sure everyone of us faces everyday, if dinner is the worst, kudos to you. I’m certainly envious.
I have good news for you, Mrs. Slow Cooker. Imma fix your problem. Better yet, you won’t even have to buy any expensive kitchen gadgets for it to be fixed.
How about having a healthy, balanced meal done in 15 minutes? Would that make the worst time of your life a little better? I sure hope so….
Let’s start with Explore Cuisine Black Bean Spaghetti:
- Vegan and gluten free
- 25 grams of plant based protein
- 12 grams of fiber
While the pasta cooks, saute red bell peppers, snap peas and scallions (or any veggies you have in your fridge for that matter)
Drain the pasta, toss it with the veggies, add corn, shredded carrots and store bought teriyaki sauce
Boom, worst time of your life, over. A filling, nutritious dinner in one bowl, ready in 15 minutes.
And you can do the same with any of Explore’s high protein pastas, adding your favorite veggies and sauces. You can use sundried tomatoes, basil, eggplant, pine nuts and tomato sauce; purple cabbage, peas, coconut milk and a touch of curry powder; asparagus, grape tomatoes, mushrooms and zucchini with olive oil, garlic and a touch on lemon… The combinations are endless!
10 Minute High Protein Vegetable Lo Mein – Easy, quick, tasty, delicious and ready in a snap!
- 8oz ,Explore Cuisine Organic Black Bean Pasta
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 cups sugar snap peas
- 4 scallions, white and light green parts, sliced (reserve a few slices to garnish)
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into strips
- 1 tbsp grated fresh ginger
- 1 1/2 cups shredded carrots
- 1 cup frozen corn kernels, thawed
- 1/4 cup Sesame Teriaki sauce, we used Soy Vay, divided
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- Bring 8 cups of water to a boil. Add the black bean pasta and cook for 5 minutes
- While the pasta cooks, heat the sesame oil in a large skillet. Add the sugar snap peas, scallions, red peppers, grated ginger and one tablespoon of teriyaki sauce. Cook on high for 5 minutes, tossing often
- Drain the pasta and add it to the skillet. Add the carrots, corn and the remaining teriyaki sauce. Toss well for 2- 3 minutes over high heat.
- Garnish with reserved scallions.