I recently read the book “Lean in” by Sheryl Sandberg, current COO of Facebook . In her own words, Sheryl says: ” I wrote this book to encourage women to dream big, forge a path through the obstacles and achieve their full potential”.
Even though I felt the book made reference to women working mainly in large corporations, the lessons can be applied to all women who want to start a business, work for a non profit organization, volunteer or just improve their work situation .
I would like to focus on one chapter of the book, because I really think it applies to all of us. It’s titled: “WHAT WOULD YOU DO IF YOU WEREN’T AFRAID ? ” I would like to encourage you to think about it. In fact, I would like to encourage you to not only think about it, but do something about it as well. How would getting rid of your fears impact your life? How would you feel? Can you do it? Can you challenge yourself ?
Personally, on a business level, if I weren’t afraid I would overcome my natural shyness and go out there and reach out to successful people, request a meeting and ask for business advice. Someone once told me that successful people love to help others and see others succeed. Whether that’s true or not, I don’t know. I guess I’ve have to overcome my fears if I want to find out for myself 🙂
Now it’s your turn: what would you do if you weren’t afraid?
- Soak almonds in water for about 2 hours. Drain and using your hands, rub the skins off
- Combine chia seeds and warm water in a small bowl. Set aside. (The chia seeds will form "gel")
- Combine soaked, skinless almonds, almond milk, honey or maple syrup and vanilla in the food processor. Pulse a few times until the almonds are broken down. Add chia "gel", and blend until smooth
- Refrigerate for at least 4 hours or overnight
- Top with sliced persimmons and pomegranate seeds (or your favorite fruit) right before serving