“Good things come in small packages”. Couldn’t agree more. And in our opinion, this is particularly true when it comes to desserts and sweet stuff.
As we learned at a very young age, when something is good, really good, a small portion is plenty to satisfy a sweet craving.
Take this hot chocolate (“Chocolate Caliente”, as we call it in Spain) for instance, a very popular drink people enjoy all year long. It’s so rich and intense, a little 4oz mug is really all you need. Not too sweet and packed with antioxidants. Doesn’t get any better than that.
Dedicated to all of you, fellow chocolate lovers .
Hope you enjoy it!
- 5 tbsp good quality pure unsweetened cocoa powder (we like mixing 2 different brands to add complexity to the flavor. Here we used Navitas and Lake Champlain unsweetened cocoa powder)
- 4 tbsp sugar
- ½ tbsp corn starch
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract (optional)
- 1 cup water
- Combine both cocoa powders, sugar and corn starch in a small bowl
- Pour COLD water into a small sauce pan, add vanilla extract (if using) cocoa mixture and start cooking at medium low heat, stirring constantly
- Cook until it thickens and serve immediately in two small mugs
ENJOY! From May I have that recipe