This is the best Roasted Green Bean recipe! It has just three ingredients the prep takes and a couple minutes, making it perfect for weeknights or quick snacking.
This is a simple, 3-ingredient recipe that produces perfectly flavorful roasted green beans! If you’re new to roasting green beans you’re in for a real treat. Roasting this veggie brings out their natural sweetness, caramelizing them and giving a perfect bite on the outside and a slightly chewy inside. This recipe is naturally vegan and gluten-free, simply made with green beans and Everything but the Bagel seasoning with a touch of olive oil.
Can You Roast Frozen Green Beans?
Yes! We bought frozen green beans, but fresh work just as well. We only recommend avoiding the skinny French green beans as they dry out easily and don’t roast as well. Also make sure you’re getting whole green beans, not the cut variety.
What is Everything But the Bagel Seasoning?
It's a very popular seasoning blend invented (we think) by Trader Joe’s! It’s delicious on eggs, veggies, salads, avocado toast...we’re addicted! Everything But the Bagel seasoning is inspired by the topping on Everything bagels, so it’s got poppy seeds, black and white sesame seeds, dried garlic and onion, and coarse salt. Many other brands have also come up with similar Everything Bagel Seasoning Blends.
How to Roast Green Beans
This is such a simple process, and the result is so tasty you’ll find yourself making it again and again!
- Start with fresh or frozen green beans spread out in a single layer on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- We prefer to they use regular green beans because they are thicker that French Greens beans. We feel they stay juicier in this recipe.
- Drizzle them with olive oil and sprinkle generously with Everything But the Bagel seasoning or any seasoning of your choice. You may try our Crazy Good Shawarma Spice Mix or our Awesome Garam Masala.
- In this green bean recipe we used the Everything But the Bagel seasoning from Trader Joes ( Not sponsored). This seasoning has so much flavor, it’s great for boosting the flavor of the green beans! Remember that the seasoning has salt, don't add any additional salt before trying the cooked green beans.
- Roast them at 400F for 35 minutes. Fresh green bean may take longer to cook depending on your oven. Once they’re finished taste them and add salt and pepper if needed.
Serving Roasted Green Beans
These roasted green beans are delicious served as a side dish to your favorite mains, but there are a couple ways to dress them up even more!
You could also enjoy them as an easy and healthy snack, add them to Shakshuka, or turn them into a robust main dish by topping them with sunny side up eggs and a sprinkle of Feta cheese!
More Roasted Vegetables Recipes
- Roasted Sweet Potatoes with Tahini and Silan
- Chili Roasted Carrots with Avocado Cilantro Dressing
- Roasted Stuffed Butternut Squash
- Sesame Teriyaki Tofu & Roasted Broccoli Sheet Pan Dinner
- Roasted Cauliflower Steaks
- Tri-Color Roasted Potatoes
- Roasted Rainbow Carrots
- Roasted Green Beans with Fresh Cranberries and Dukkah
DID YOU ENJOY OUR ROASTED GREEN BEAN RECIPE?Print
Roasted Green Beans with Everything But The Bagel Seasoning
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Yield: 8 cups 1x
- Diet: Kosher
This is a simple, 3-ingredient recipe that produces perfectly flavorful roasted green beans! If you’re new to roasting green beans you’re in for a real treat. Roasting this veggie brings out their natural sweetness, caramelizing them and giving a perfect bite on the outside and a slightly chewy inside. This recipe is naturally vegan and gluten-free, simply made with fresh green beans and Everything but the Bagel seasoning with a touch of olive oil.
- 2 lbs frozen or fresh green beans, trimmed(you can use French or regular green beans, but cooking time may vary. See Note 1)
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tbsp Everything But The Bagel Seasoning
- Preheat the oven to 400 F. Line a Large baking sheet with parchment paper (See Note 2)
- Place the green beans on the baking sheet, drizzle with the olive oil and sprinkle the seasoning. Toss well, making sure the green beans are well coated
- Bake for 35 minutes. Check and lightly toss the green beans after 20 minutes. Cooking time will vary depending on the type of green beans used (See note 3)
- Baking time for green beans may be longer for fresh green beans. Thin French green beans will take less time to cook.
- Make sure the green beans lay on a single layer on the baking sheet. If the baking sheet is too small make sure to use two
- Stir the green beans after 20 minutes, and check if they are done. Green beans should feel caramelized and slightly chewy.
- Prep Time: 5
- Cook Time: 35
- Category: Side
- Method: Roasting
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 cup
- Calories: 65
- Sugar: 3.7
- Sodium: 231.8
- Fat: 3.7
- Saturated Fat: .6
- Unsaturated Fat: 2.1
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 7.9
- Fiber: 3.1
- Protein: 2.1
- Cholesterol: 0
Keywords: how to roast green beans, everything but the bagel seasoning
These green beans are delicious and easy to make... my kind of recipe!!!
Vicky & Ruth says
Thank you! We are really getting into the few ingredient recipes!
Hi: With the US-Canada border still closed, I'm down to my last bottle of TJ's Everything but the Bagel. But we love green beans, so a good shake on roasted beans is gonna be a happening thing, as we used to say in the (sigh!) good old days of the 60s.
By the way, TJ's EBTB is terrific in home-made challah. Mix some right into the dough before kneading.
Vicky & Ruth says
Hi Dorothy, we are so sorry you are on your last bottle of TJ's Everything but the bagel seasoning. Send us an email if you would like us to ship some bottles to you. We do sprinkle EBTB on our challah, but never tried it inside the dough, it is definitely going on our next challah.
Hi Vicky & Ruth:
Many thanks for your kind and thoughtful offer to ship me some of the TJ's seasoning. Very appreciated but it will spoil me for all the TJ's products we're missing (sigh!).
Speaking of TJ's, permit me this suggestion for dynamite coleslaw: when making your favorite slaw recipe, add one or two tablespoons of the bottled marinade from Trader Joe's Hot and Sweet Jalapenos (kosher). Really good.
Best wishes for continued good health to all,
Vicky & Ruth says
You are very welcome. We will have to go check those hot and sweet jalapenos out. Thank you for the suggestions, feel free to share your ideas at any time!