I have a question for you: what’s the deal with matchmaking? I know it’s a silly question, but I’m just curious about how everyone out there feels about it.
Maybe because I got married so young ( at 22, which I guess for my generation it is early) I never really had to experience it. Yes, I did successfully set up a couple of my friends, but I was never the one to be “set up”. And I never thought I would… Until recently.
Become single after the age of 30 and you’re the perfect target for your friend’s / family member’s / people-you’ve-never-met-in-your-life’s matchmaking shenanigans (along with a lot of I-feel-bad-for-you looks). As expected.
Not that the thought and effort aren’t appreciated… but sometimes, you gotta give people the chance to do things on their own, and trust that they can take care of themselves.
So, for now, the good old “I’m ok, really. But thanks” will be my go-to answer… At least until I’m not. And the only matchmaking I’ll be interested in until then, will happen in the kitchen.
In fact, it’s happening right now!
Pumpkin spice smoothie bowl. Can you think of a better food marriage? The cozy, comforting pumpkin spice flavor EVERYONE loves this time of year paired with wholesomeness a smoothie bowl.
Maybe not a match made in heaven… but in our kitchen, with love, from us to you.
This recipe can also be found on Food.comPrint
- 1 cup organic pumpkin puree
- 1/3 cup gluten free oats
- 1/3 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 2 tbsp coconut milk powder (you can also use your favorite protein powder, or shredded coconut)
- 1 tbsp all natural almond butter
- 2 tbsp maple syrup (or to taste)
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon (or to taste)
- 1/4 tsp pumpkin pie spice (or to taste)
- 1 cup of ice
- Pecans, raw pumpkin seeds, hemp seeds and chia seeds to taste
- Combine all the ingredients, except ice, in a high power blender. Blend until smooth. Add ice and continue blending until you get a smoothie like consistency
- Pour into a bowl, top with pecans, pumpkin seeds, chia and hemp