This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are ours alone. #FamilyPastaTime #CollectiveBias
Shopping is one of those things that is definitely at the bottom of my "favorite things to do" list. The faster I get it done, in my opinion, the better. So, when a store offers me pretty much everything I need in on place, I'm 100% sold! (pun intended).
That's exactly what happened when Target expanded their grocery section. I mean, come on. A place where where you can get your kids' outfits for the holidays AND the ingredients to cook for it?? Even the most hard core shopaholic would be game.
And if you're also able to find some of your favorite brands, you know you've hit the jackpot.
Growing up in Barcelona (Spain), we obviously didn't have the same products and brands we have here in the US ( even peanut butter was something new for us hen we moved here!). But the one thing our mom always had in the pantry, was Barilla® pasta. Makes sense, since pasta is a huge part of the Mediterranean diet, but I clearly remember the of blue boxes stacked up on the shelves (I even remember watching the commercials in TV, as crazy as it sounds! ) . Our mom never made super heavy, rich pasta dishes. She always kept it light and healthy, and even then it was a delicious treat.
Back then, we didn't have as many varieties as we do here now. And even though whenever we make pasta we try to go with the Whole Grain variety, there's something very homey and comforting about the Classic Blue Box pasta . It sort of brings us back to when we were kids. So when it comes to holiday meals, that's what we go for.
We love this One Pot Chickpea And Butternut Squash Pasta recipe because not only it's easy, quick to prepare and very easy to transport, but it's also an excellent plant based dish to serve during the holidays. And an excellent crowd pleasing way to sneak in some veggies into a most-likely-heavy meal.
Other Pasta Recipes You Must Try:
- Rigatoni with lentil bolognese
- Tagliatelle with Mushroom Ragu and Swiss Chard
- Penne Pasta With Vegan Cauliflower & Kale Walnut Pesto
- Mushroom And Veggie Sausage Pasta
- High Protein Caprese Pasta Salad
- High Protein Pasta Puttanesca
- Pea and Artichoke Pasta
Did you like our one-pot chickpea and butternut squash pasta ? Scroll down to the comments and leave us a rating! Did you love it? Share it or leave us a comment on Instagram, Twitter or Facebook! Wanna see more? Subscribe to our blog and remember to follow us on Pinterest!Print
- 1 lb Barilla Classic Blue Box Linguini
- 15oz canned chickpeas
- 8oz baby bella (or crimini) mushrooms, sliced
- 1 pint grape tomatoes, sliced in half length wise
- 4 cups packed baby spinach
- 2 cups butternut squash, diced small
- 3 garlic cloves, sliced
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp sea salt (you can add more to taste)
- 1 ½ tsp sweet paprika
- ¾ tsp ground turmeric
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- ½ tsp red pepper flakes (optional)
- ⅛ tsp ground black pepper
- 4 ½ cups of water
- Fresh parsley for garnish (optional)
- Parmesan cheese for garnish (optional)
- Combine all the ingredients (except water and parsley and cheese garnish) in a large chef's pan ( or a large deep skillet with a lid). Add water and stir well so all the ingredients are covered with water. Cover the pan, place it over the stove and bring to a boil
- Once it comes to a boil, uncover and cook over high heat for 9-11 minutes or until the pasta is done, stirring constantly with tongs to make sure everything cooks evenly
- Garnish with parsley and Parmesan cheese before serving if using.
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 15 mins
- Category: Entree
- Cuisine: Kosher / Vegan
If you're familiar with Barilla® Classic Blue Box, you have got to try their other delicious varieties! Click HERE to learn more. And if you're a big fan of both Target and Barilla products, don't miss this great Cartwheel Offer! 20% off Barilla®Pronto Pasta. Offer expires 11/26 so hurry up! Click HERE for more details.