One Bowl Cocoa Nut Energy Bites – great as a pre or post workout snack, after school snack or afternoon pick me up. Vegan and gluten free!
As a mom, I feel like I’m buying snacks every single time I take a trip the grocery store. Doesn’t matter how many I buy, they all just disappear in no time. Whether it’s chips, pretzels or snack bars… my kid devours them all. Especially after school. He’s always so ravenous, you would think he hadn’t eaten in days!
And if you try to buy only healthy, clean snacks, like we do, it can certainly get pricey. Which is one of the reasons we love to come up with our own recipes: not only they’re more cost effective, but we are also in absolute control of what goes in them.
These One Bowl Cocoa Nut Energy Bites are our latest creation, and here are some of the reasons why we love them:
- They’re mess free and super easy to make
- They take about 10 minutes to prepare
- They’re sweetened with dates and a touch of maple syrup
- They’re vegan
- They’re dairy, cholesterol and gluten free
- They’re low in saturated fat
- They’re high fiber
- They taste good!!!
With oats, nuts, coconut, dates and unsweetened cocoa powder and GO VEGGIE vegan cream cheese instead of butter and sugary syrups to bind it all together, these chocolaty energy bites are nutrient packed and delicious!
You can even make them your own by using your kids’ favorite nuts and dried fruit 🙂
- 1 cup old fashioned oats
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/3 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/3 cup almond meal
- 1/3 cup chopped cashews
- 1/3 cup plus one tablespoon GO VEGGIE Plain Vegan Cream Cheese
- 12 pitted dates
- 1 1/2 tbsp maple syrup
- Combine all the ingredients in the food processor and pulse until well combined. Roll the dough into balls, working with approximately a tablespoon and a half of mixture at a time. Refrigerate until ready to eat
This is a sponsored post. All opinions are ours. Thank you for supporting the brands that support “May I have that recipe”!