My oven hates me.
Ok, it doesn’t really hate me. But it hates when I bake. It does not want me to even attempt to bake anything that is supposed to rise. Cakes. Muffins. Not even the boxed stuff. After many (many) failed attempts at it. I’ve given up. I just leave the baking for my daughter Raquel and for Ruthy. Now, I just stick to treats that are perfectly fine being flat, and doughy, and with no fluff factor.
So, if you’re anything like me, you’ll love this recipe. And if you have trouble with this one too… Well… I hate to say it, but it’s time to admit it. Baking just isn’t your thing. And you know what? That is perfectly fine. That’s what bakeries are for, aren’t they?
Have a great week!
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 1/3 cup confectioner’s sugar
- 2 cups almond flour
- 2 cups whole wheat pastry flour
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. baking powder
- 1 tbsp. cinnamon
- Preheat oven at 325F. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper
- ) Combine oil and sugar in a large bowl. Mix well until the sugar has dissolved. Add almond flour, mix well.
- ) In a separate bowl, combine flour, salt, baking powder and cinnamon. Add to oil and almond flour mixture. Mix well with a wooden spoon and then with your hands, to form a dough.
- ) Using your hands, form small balls. Place them on the cookie sheet and slightly flatten each one.
- ) Bake at 325F for 20 minutes. Sprinkle with cinnamon
- ) ENJOY!! From May I have that recipe