This easy, minutes-to-prepare mushroom pasta recipe creates a stylish dish that has as much color and meatiness as any hearty pasta Bolognese! Earthy, umami mushrooms give our high protein pasta dish a deep, rich meaty taste that will send your favorite bolognese to days gone by.
High Protein Easy Mushroom Pasta
THIS POST IS SPONSORED BY EXPLORE CUISINE. THANK YOU FOR SUPPORTING THE BRANDS THAT KEEP THE MAY I HAVE THAT RECIPE SISTERS COOKING! ALL OPINIONS ARE OUR OWN.
Our high protein easy mushroom pasta recipe comes together in just 15 minutes using delicious organic Red Lentil Spaghetti from Explore Cuisine. The red lentil pasta is a great plant-based, gluten-free source of protein with more fiber than traditional pasta, and its beautiful pink color and light lentil taste is a natural fit for our savory mushroom sauce.
Our mushroom pasta dish is ideal for pasta lovers who want a more nutritious alternative to a meat-based sauce, or anyone who is looking for a break from the heavy turkey, roast, and duck meals during the December holidays. Baby Bella and shiitake mushrooms create a wonderful blend and are an easy replacement for beef. You can try adding a few dried porcini mushrooms to the sauce too!
Explore Cuisine provides organic, plant-based foods using ingredients from beans, lentils, rice, and chickpeas so you can create delicious meals that you – and your family – will love. Explore Cuisine offers 10 different varieties of pasta that is nutritious, full of color and taste, and a great way to provide quick healthy meals for vegan and gluten-free friends and family.
We like to serve our high protein easy mushroom pasta with a sprinkling of vegan parmesan cheese and fresh parsley or a few drops of balsamic glaze. You can pair our mushroom pasta with a simple green salad or our Persimmon-Fennel Salad, or serve up some more mushrooms by adding our Vegan Kale Caesar Salad with Mushroom Bacon Bits.
Did you like this maple mushroom pasta recipe? Leave us a rating! Did you love it? Share it or leave us a comment on Twitter or Facebook! Wanna see more? Subscribe to our blog and remember to follow us on Pinterest!Print
This easy, minutes-to-prepare mushroom pasta recipe creates a stylish dish that has as much color and meatiness as any hearty pasta Bolognese!
- 1 - 8oz ( 227gr) box Explore Cuisine Red Lentil Spaghetti
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves of garlic, sliced
- 6oz (170gr) tomato paste
- 1 cup of red wine (pick a wine you would drink, see note 1 )
- 16oz (228 gr) baby bella or white mushrooms, thoroughly washed and diced small
- 8 ounces (228gr) fresh Shiitake mushrooms, stems removed, washed, and diced small
- Salt and pepper to taste ( we used ½ tsp salt and ⅛ tsp pepper)
- Dried oregano to taste (we used 1 tsp)
- Hot red pepper flakes to taste (optional)
- Water or vegetable broth
- A bunch of fresh parsley, chopped
- Parmesan cheese, regular or vegan (optional)
- Cook the red lentil spaghetti following the instruction on the box. Drain well.
- While the spaghetti cooks, heat the olive oil in a deep large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the garlic and for 1 minute, stirring constantly
- Add the tomato paste and cook for 2-3 minutes, stirring constantly, until the tomato paste starts to caramelize
- Carefully add the wine, and whisk well until it turns into a sauce, about 2 minutes
- Add all the mushrooms, salt, pepper, oregano, and hot pepper flakes, if using. Cook over medium-high heat for about 10 minutes (the mushrooms will release some liquid while cooking, adding flavor to the sauce)
- Add water or vegetable broth, if desired, to reach the preferred consistency for the sauce.
- Serve over cooked red lentil spaghetti, sprinkle with fresh parsley and regular or vegan parmesan cheese, if using
- Keep in mind that the alcohol in the wine will evaporate while it cooks
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Stove top
- Cuisine: Italian / vegetarian
- Serving Size: ¼ dish
- Calories: 249
- Sugar: 8.8
- Sodium: 331.6
- Fat: 8.4
- Saturated Fat: 1.1
- Unsaturated Fat: 6
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 34
- Fiber: 5.8
- Protein: 12.3
- Cholesterol: 0
Keywords: high protein, pasta, recipe, mushroom, sauce, gluten free