If you're hosting a Holiday party and need some gluten free ideas to accommodate some of your guests, check this out.
How about a healthier version of chips and dip with a Mediterranean twist? Our friends at Udi's Gluten Free sent us some of their gluten free bagels to try and, naturally, we made bagel chips. Just because they're more fun than just spreading some cream cheese on them. And because they're delicious, super crunchy and make a perfect snack or appetizer.
Best part? No one will even notice they're gluten free. These folks at Udi's obviously know what they're doing 🙂
Want more gluten free party ideas? Check out our Sweet Potato & Zucchini Soup with Millet-Chia Gluten Free Croutons, Vegan Potato Latkes, Patatas Bravas, Baked Falafel with Tangy Tahini Sauce, Lemony Pistachio & Apricot Bites and Piña Colada Tartelettes
Vicky and Ruth
Gluten Free Bagel Chips:
- Prep time: 15 minutes
- Cook time: 20 minutes
- 2 plain gluten free bagels (we use Udi's Plain Bagels)
- 2 ½ tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp za'atar*
*Za'atar is a Middle Easter herb mixture that can be found in specialty stores. If you can’t find it, try using oregano, thyme or Italian seasoning.
- Preheat oven to 325F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper
- Slice each bagel in half, then cut each half into thin slices (approximately ⅛ inch). Place them in a large bowl, drizzle olive oil and season with za’atar spice. Toss gently so they are coated
- Arrange bagel slices in a single layer on baking sheet and bake at 325F for about 20 minutes, until golden brown
White bean dip:
- Prep time: 5 minutes
- Ingredients (makes abut 1 ¼ cups):
- 1-15oz can great northern beans
- 1 bunch cilantro, chopped
- 4 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 tsp cumin
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
Combine all the ingredients, except olive oil in the food processor. Blend until smooth and creamy, while slowly pouring in the olive oil.