Today, I'm thankful for airline miles. Yes, airline miles. Because thanks to them, I was able to book a trip to Spain for me and my daughter. A much needed, retail therapy and pampering filled trip to Spain.
We did this two years ago, right before we were ready to launch "May I have that recipe". I took her to Barcelona for ten days and we had the best time with my parents, especially my mom. I was a true girls getaway. Nothing but shopping, good food and laughs. Fun, relaxing... Yes, just perfect.
I'm so excited that we get to do it again! Can't think of a better way to start the year. And I promise I'll do my best to come back with plenty of inspiration for new recipes to share.
But for now, here's a little recipe mash up for you. Think about a potato latka you would eat in Hanukkah, but filled with Thanksgiving stuffing flavors. Just a little twist to a traditional recipe that your vegan and gluten free guests might be thankful for 🙂
What are you thankful for?Print
- 3 large yukon gold potatoes, grated
- 1 large sweet potato, grated
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 4 large celery stalks, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 small carrots, sliced
- 8-10 cooked chestnuts, chopped
- 1 medium size granny smith apple, diced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 4 large sage leaves, chopped
- ¼ tsp salt (or to taste)
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- Place grated potatoes on a colander over a bowl. Add one teaspoon of salt and toss well. Set aside for 20 to 30 minutes to drain some of the water out (you can also let them sit in the fridge overnight)
- Preheat oven to 350F. Coat a 3x9x13 inch baking dish with cooking spray
- In a large non stick skillet or a soup pot, heat olive oil. Add potatoes, celery, onions, chestnuts, apples, garlic, sage and salt. Toss well and cook at medium heat for 10-12 minutes, until the vegetables are tender
- Transfer to a prepared baking dish, pour vegetable broth over and bake, uncovered, for an hour and a half. Broil for 2-3 minutes until golden brown.
You can prepare the vegetables ahead of time and bake the stuffing before serving
- Prep Time: 30 mins
- Cook Time: 1 hour 45 mins