To us, cooking and blogging is all about having fun. So let's do that, shall we??
We are proud to be part of a great group of Bloggers, Kosher Connection, and the groups 1st year anniversary is coming up ( keep reading, there is a great giveaway waiting!) And to celebrate, each blogger was assigned, at random, to adapt a recipe from another blogger, and make it their own. We were assigned Sarah's Food Words Photos.
Sarah is a great writer and she has been involved with food since she was 14 years old. On her blog Food Words Photos , she finds inspiration in a dish, she thinks of an innovation and then she makes her own interpretation. The result is always a fantastic, homey, easy to make recipe.
We chose to make our own interpretation of her Lemon Sesame Rice Salad, because it reminded us of a simple rice salad that our mom used to make when we were growing up. Rice, peas, carrots and corn with a tangy grain mustard dressing. We added some sesame tofu to give Sarah's recipe a vegan twist.
- 1 cup brown rice
- 2 cups water
- ½ cup frozen corn
- ½ cup frozen peas
- 1-10oz pack super firm tofu
- Juice of 1 large lemon
- 3 tbsp raw sesame seeds
- 3 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ tsp salt
- Lemon pepper to taste
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 3 mustard dressing
- Preaheat oven to 400F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper
- Bring water to a boil in a large pot. Add some salt and rice, reduce heat and simmer, covered, for about 30 minutes or until the rice is tender, but not mushy
- In the meantime, dice tofu into approximately ½ inch cubes. Transfer to a bowl, add lemon juice, sesame seeds, olive oil, salt and lemon pepper and toss it all together, so the tofu is well covered. Transfer to lined baking sheet and bake at 400F for 30 minutes, until it starts to brown
- Add corn and peas to rice pot. Cover and cook for another 5 minutes. Remove from heat, transfer to a bowl and let cool
- While the tofu finishes cooking, prepare dressing
- Once tofu is done, let it cool slightly. Add to rice, peas and corn. Add shredded carrots and dressing to taste
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 45 mins
Enjoy the blog recipe swap round up.
'); // ]]>
Ready for a fun giveaway to celebrate one year of Kosher Connection? We are giving away two prizes from Emile Henry. A Bread Cloche valued at $130 and a 4.2 qt Dutch Oven valued at $170! Use the Rafflecopter below to win- you can enter up to 23 ways! Two winners will be chosen at random.
Contest Fine Print:
The contest winners will be contacted via email. They will have 48 hours to respond before other winners are chosen. This contest is open to United States residents over the age of 18