Last summer we introduced you to Strawberries and Cream vegan paletas (popsicles), and this year we
have a new, delicious vegan treat in store for you: Chocolate Dipped Banana Paletas
Paletas (popsicles)are fantastic recipes to try out in the summer, they are so refreshing in the heat. They are also great opportunities to begin experimenting in the kitchen because there are so many winning combinations! It could be argued that it is harder to try to make a BAD blend for pallets (popsicles) than it is to create something delicious! Whether you want something fruity, creamy, or chocolatey there is always a new recipe on the horizon, which means there is always something new to look forward to.
Our previous recipe for Strawberries and Cream popsicles was born due to a miscalculation of
just how runny our delicious strawberry lemon bar concoction would be. When the mix was too
runny, we had to improvise.
This time around our goal was to create a recipe which was all of the
best parts of palette (popsicle) experimentation. We wanted something fruity, creamy, AND chocolatey in
one simple recipe.
The greatest part of this recipe, outside of the flavor, is perhaps how simple it is to make. The
longest part of this recipes prep time will be waiting for it to freeze before adding the chocolate
and nuts. In addition to ease of preparation, those who aren’t confident in their abilities in the
kitchen should breathe a sigh of relief when they see the length of the ingredient list.
Don’t worry, although this recipe is incredibly simple it is still incredibly delicious and still manages to be good for you. The banana portion of this popsicle is created by whipping frozen bananas
and blending them with almond milk. Nothing else. The added chocolate and crushed peanuts, an alternative to the chocolate and pistachios from the Strawberries and Cream recipe, is added after the pops have frozen.
A great summer treat that the kids will love to eat, and have fun making!
- 3 large bananas, chopped and frozen
- ½ to ⅔ cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1 cup vegan chocolate chips (we use Enjoy Life)
- 1 ½ tbsp coconut oil
- ⅔ cup salted peanuts, chopped
- Place frozen bananas and ½ cup almond milk in a food processor. Pulse until creamy (add extra milk if necessary, if the mixture isn't creamy enough). Pour into popsicle molds (makes about 10) and freeze for at least 4 hours. Need more wooden sticks? you can get them here
- Once the popsicles are ready, melt the chocolate chips (you can do it in the microwave, at 20 second intervals, stirring often). Add the coconut oil and mix well.
- Line a tray with wax or parchment paper. Dip each popsicle in chocolate half way, and sprinkle chopped peanuts on both sides. Carefully place then on the lined tray. Freeze until ready to serve
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: Kosher / Vegan
Do you want more ideas for paletas? Check out these recipes: