Chickpea Stuffed Avocados, drizzled with Sriracha for a nice kick. A great addition to your Meatless Monday menu this summer and all year long!
I have a confession to make: up till a few years ago, I didn't really care for avocados. I even hated them at one point (ok "hate" might not be the right word, but I STRONGLY disliked them). I don't know what was it about them that turned me off so much: maybe the texture, or perhaps my irrational fat phobia. Whatever it was, I'm kicking myself now for missing out on so much avocado awesomeness for all those years!
Needless to say, I'm trying to make up for it. So much so, that I pretty much eat them every day. And although my favorite way to eat avocados is simply slightly mashed with a squeeze of lemon and a pinch of salt, my brain is constantly finding new ways to prepare them. And I think we've been pretty successful at that throughout the year, don't you think? From Mango Avocado Salsa, to Vegan Avocado BLT Toast , Mexican Style Vegan Pizza and a Triple Decker Wasabi Cheese & Avocado Sandwich just to name a few of our favorites!
Today we've got a new one for you: Chickpea Stuffed Avocados. A great addition to your Meatless Monday and just in time for summer (well, assuming it decides to show up at some point... ). Light, refreshing, loaded with plant protein, healthy fats and fiber... and with a nice kick of Sriracha for good measure. So good, it might even turn avo-haters into avo-lovers 😉
Chickpea Stuffed Avocados, drizzled with Sriracha for a nice kick. A great addition to your Meatless Monday menu this summer and all year long! Check out our other vegan dinner recipes under 300 calories
- 1-15oz can organic chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- ¼ tsp salt
- 2 Persian cucumbers, sliced
- ½ cup chopped cilantro
- 2 tbsp lemon juice (about 1 small lemon)
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- ⅓ cup corn kernels
- 1 tbsp whole grain Dijon mustard
- 3 Hass avocados, cut in half
- 1 lemon (to squeeze on top of the avocado halves)
- Salt to taste (optional)
- Sriracha to taste (optional)
- Combine first chickpeas, ¼ tsp salt, cucumbers, cilantro, lemon juice and olive oil in the food processor Pulse 5-6 times until well combined
- Transfer to bowl, add corn and mustard and mix well
- Remove the pit from the avocado halves, squeeze lemon on each one and sprinkle some salt
- Fill each avocado half with about 3 tablespoons of chickpea filling. Drizzle sriracha to taste and serve immediately.
The chickpea filling can be made ahead of time and refrigerated for up to 3 days.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Category: Appetizer
- Method: raw
- Cuisine: Vegan
- Serving Size: ½ avocado stuffed
- Calories: 204
- Sugar: 2.8
- Sodium: 221
- Fat: 14
- Saturated Fat: 2
- Unsaturated Fat: 10
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 18
- Fiber: 8
- Protein: 5
- Cholesterol: 0