Roasted Vegetable And Quinoa Greek Salad & What Mom really wants for Mother’s Day!
Even though Mother’s Day was yesterday, we wanted to share with you something we saw posted on Facebook and thought it was perfect. A big thank you to our friend Audrey for sharing it!
“Every year my children ask me the same question. After thinking about it, I decided I’d give them my real answer:
What do I want for Mother’s Day? I want you. I want you to keep coming around, I want you to ask me questions, ask my advice, tell me your problems, ask for my opinion, ask for my help. I want you to come over and rant about your problems, rant about life, whatever. Tell me about your job, your worrie. I want you to continue sharing your life with me. Come over and laugh with me, or laugh at me, I don’t care. Hearing you laugh is music to me.
I spent the better part of my life raising you the best way I knew how. Now, give me time to sit back and admire my work.
Raid my refrigerator, help yourself, I really don’t mind.
I want you to spend your money making a better life for you , I have the things I need. I want to see you happy and healthy. When you ask me what I want for Mother’s Day, I say “nothing” because you’ve already been giving me my gift all year.”
- 14 oz frozen artichoke bottoms, sliced (you can also use artichoke hearts, cut in half)
- 1 pint grape tomatoes
- 1 bunch asparagus, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons oregano
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 cupscooked quinoa
- 12 black cured olives
- 1 cup crumbled sheets milk feta cheese or vegan cashew ricotta
- For the marinated onions:
- ½ cup water
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp sugar
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 small onion, diced small
- For the dressing:
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons red vine vinegar
- 1 heaping tbsp Dijon mustard
- 2 tsp dry oregano
- ¼ tsp salt
- Preheat the oven to 400F. Lin a large baking sheet with parchment paper or aluminum foil
- Combine the sliced artichoke bottoms, tomatoes, asparagus, olive oil, oregano and salt in a large bowl and toss well. Transfer to the lined baking sheet and cook for 45 minutes
- While the vegetables cook, prepare the marinated onions and the dressing. For the onions, combine the water, vinegar, sugar and salt in a medium bowl and stir well. Add the onions and set aside until ready to use
- To prepare the dressing, place all the ingredients in a glass jar with a lid and shake vigorously. Refrigerate until ready to use
- To assemble the salad, combine the roasted vegetables, quinoa, olives and marinated onions in a large bowl and toss well. Add the feta cheese or vegan cashew ricotta and the dressing and toss again