Over the past few days we could definitely feel a touch of fall in the air. Slightly cool and refreshing… Just perfect. Every year we get super excited this time of year, because we get to use some of our fall favorites: pumpkin, of course and pomegranates.
Pomegranates might not be as popular ( although that is slowly changing lately) but we absolutely love them. We’ve been eating them since we were kids (courtesy of our dad who every year spends hours in front on the TV getting the seeds out) and as you’ve probably noticed, we love to use in our recipes.
Today we’re sharing with you some pomegranate recipes from the amazing group of talented bloggers from the Kosher Connection.
Hope you enjoy them!
- Combine rice and boiling water in a medium size bowl. Cover and let sit for 20 minutes
- In a medium size sauce pan, combine coconut milk and sugar, heat until it come to a soft boil
- Drain rice and add to coconut milk, reduce heat and simmer uncovered for 20 minutes or until all the liquid is absorbed
- Add 1 cup water and continue simmering about 10 minutes or until all water is absorbed. Add orange blossom water (if using) and mix well
- Serve about ½ cup of rice pudding per person and garnish with pomegranates and pistachios
The cooking times in this recipe gives you a chewy rice with a little bite, if you prefer a creamier texture you can gradually add more water and cook longer.