These Pumpkin Vegan Cannelloni with Cashew Cream make a super satisfying meatless dish to add to your Thanksgiving table! This recipe is high in protein, creamy, flavorful, vegan, gluten-free and quick and easy to make.
Thanksgiving is a week away. You know what that means? Lots of delicious food, yes. But for us vegans and vegetarians, it means having to answer the same questions for the umpteenth time. Yes, you did answer them last year. And the year before that. And the one before that, too. But, for some strange reason, people’s obsession with your protein intake never seems to come to an end.
Just like we did last year with our Edamame & Mung Bean Pasta With Caramelized Onions & Chestnuts, this year we’re counting on the folks at Explore Cuisine to make sure those very concerned people can sleep at night.
These Pumpkin Vegan Cannelloni with Cashew Cream are made with Explore’s Green Lentil Lasagna sheets. They’re stuffed with a super simple pumpkin filling, and baked on a bed of tomato sauce and an absolutely delicious cashew cream.
The pasta sheets are made with organic green lentil, green pea and brown rice flours only. They have as 11 grams of plant based protein per serving, they’re high in fiber, low in fat and gluten free.
A slight improvement from the traditional, store bought frozen lasagna, don’ t you think?
Explore Cuisine has a wide variety of bean and pulse pastas that we are sure you will love. Check out their website to learn more!
These Pumpkin Vegan Cannelloni with Cashew Cream make a super satisfying meatless dish to add to your Thanksgiving table!
- For the Cashew Cream:
- 1/2 cup raw cashews,
- 1 cup water boiling water
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 tsp nutritional yeast
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 6 sheets Explore Cuisine Organic Green Lentil Lasagne
- 2 cups prepared tomato sauce
- 1 t0 2 tsp red pepper flakes (to taste, optional)
- For The Filling:
- 15oz canned pumpkin
- 1 teaspoon nutritional yeast
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 to 1/2 tsp salt (to taste)
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- To prepare the cashew cream (this can be prepared ahead of time), soak the cashews in 1 cup of boiling water for 30 minutes. Drain, reserving 1/2 cup of the soaking water
- Combine the soaked cashews, garlic, nutritional yeast, salt and the 1/2 cup of reserved soaking water in a high power blender. Blend until smooth and creamy. Set aside or refrigerate until ready to use
- In a large pot, bring water to a boil and add salt to taste. Add the lasagna sheets and cook for 10 minutes, stirring often to keep them from sticking together
- While the pasta cooks, prepare the filling. Combine all the ingredients in a medium bowl and mix well. Set aside until ready to use
- Once the pasta sheets are cooked, drain them and run them under cold water (if any of the sheet are stuck together, separate them carefully). Set them aside
- Preheat the oven to 375F. Combine the prepared tomato sauce and red pepper flakes (if using) and pour on the bottom of a 10.5 x 7.5 inch baking dish. Spoon about half of the cashew cream over the sauce
- To prepare the cannelloni, place about a tablespoon and a half of filling on each pasta sheet and carefully roll each one. Arrange them on the baking dish, over the tomato sauce and cashew cream. Cover tightly with aluminum foil and bake for 45 minutes
- Drizzle with the remaining cashew cream before serving. Serve warm
- Serving Size: 2 cannelloni
- Calories: 457
- Sugar: 13.6
- Sodium: 1748
- Fat: 15
- Saturated Fat: 2.5
- Unsaturated Fat: 9.5
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 66
- Fiber: 10
- Protein: 20
- Cholesterol: 0
Did you like this recipe for Pumpkin Stuffed Cannelloni? Share it! You didn’t? Tell us why! You want to make it, but you have questions? We’re here to help! Connect with us via Instagram, Twitter , Pinterest or Facebook or simply leave us a comment here. We want to get to know you!