Stuff meat eaters say to vegans and vegetarians on Thanksgiving:
- Do you like, not celebrate Thanksgiving cause you don’t eat turkey? (Eye roll)
- Omg this is so good, are you sure you don’t wanna try it? (Yes, I’m sure. Eye roll)
- It’s one day, can’t you just like, eat it? (No. Eye roll)
- Why can’t you have gravy, there’s no meat in it ( Brow lift)
- Why can’t you have stuffing, there’s no meat in it (Brow lift. Hmm.. you sure about that?)
- You look hungry, are you hungry? I have some frozen lasagna (Vigorous head shake)
Does that sound familiar at all? Well, if you’re tired of hearing that kind of stuff, you’re not alone! We’ve created a whooooole lot of Thanksgiving appropriate recipes since we started the blog. Enough to keep you more than satisfied! So we got your back.
We started this year’s Thanksgiving menu with those delicious wild rice and seitan chorizo stuffed baby pumpkins we posted last week. Today, we’re going a little “nontraditional” with a pasta recipe. Not any pasta though!
These edamame and mung bean fettuccine by Explore Asian are made from 100% organic beans and water. Loaded with protein and fiber, vegan and gluten free. And of course, just delicious.
We paired this bean pasta with more traditional flavors, just to keep the Thanksgiving holiday spirit. Creamy chestnuts, sweet caramelized onions and tart cranberries for a little pop of flavor.
Intrigued? Try it out! It might very well become your new holiday tradition… and maybe help you keep those pesky questions away… 😉
- 1– 7.5oz pack Explore Asian Organic Edamame & Mung Bean Fettuccine
- 1 very large sweet onion, sliced thin
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1–15oz pack roasted, peeled chestnuts, chopped
- 1 cup frozen cranberries
- 1 tbsp pomegranate molasses (you can also use balsamic vinegar or reduction)
- Cook pasta in salted water according to the instructions on the package. Set aside and let drain well
- In the meantime, heat olive oil in a large, deep non stick skillet. Add sliced onions and salt and cook over medium-high heat for 5-7 minutes.Reduce to medium-low and continue cooking for another 45 minutes
- Add brown sugar, mix well and cook for another 10 minutes
- Add chestnuts and continue cooking for 5-7 minutes
- Add cooked pasta, frozen cranberries and pomegranate molasses, toss well and cook for another 6-8 minutes