In our family, we have two kinds of dessert eaters: the "fluffy dessert" lovers and the "gooey, heavy dessert" lovers.
My husband, Lee and my son, heavy, all the way. My daughter and I, definitely go for the fluff factor. Light, airy, slightly sweet... Yep, that's a must if we're gonna indulge a little bit. Something actually not so easy to find in store bought desserts!
Given my hate/hate relationship with baking, I have to no choice but to rely on my little sister to come up with something we can enjoy. And, as usual she didn't disappoint us.
Here's the perfect little bite she came up with for us to enjoy during Passover: nutty, chocolaty and light. Dairy and gluten free. Quick and super easy to make. The perfect treat to enjoy with coffee or as a quick snack.
I can already hear Lee putting in his request for some heavy, gooey, goodness... 🙂
- 3 egg whites
- ¼ cup sugar
- 4 tbsp almond butter at room temperature
- ½ cup almond flour
- 2 tbsp room temperature water
- ¼ cup dairy free chocolate chips
- Cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line a mini muffin tin with foil 18 liners. Spray liners generously with cooking spray
- Beat egg whites in a medium bowl with an electric mixer until foamy. Add sugar and beat at high speed until it starts to form stiff peaks. Set aside
- In a large bowl, beat almond butter until soft and creamy. Gradually add almond flour and water and mix until well combined
- Carefully fold egg whites into almond butter mixture using a rubber spatula. Fold in chocolate chips
- Spoon about 1 tablespoon of mixture into each liner. Bake on top rack at 350F for 20-25 minutes until golden brown
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: kosher / Passover