Ok, so I’m sitting here trying to prepare today’s posting. I’m trying really, really hard to focus, so I can write something that actually makes some kind of sense. But I can’t.
I can’t, because all I’m thinking about is hockey. Or rather, how I most likely WON’T BE WATCHING ANY THIS YEAR. I’ve known this for 2 weeks already, but still incredibly frustrated and mad about it.
It’s ok, Roll your eyes if you want. I don’t expect anyone to understand how I feel. Unless, of course, you’re a sports fan.
So let me explain it to you, or at least let me try . Remember when you were a little kid and couldn’t wait for the Holidays to come, so you would get presents? Remember the excitement and the anticipation, as the day got closer? Remember how you felt when that day finally came? Well now imagine some random stranger knocking at your door and telling you: “Sorry kid, but we’ve decided this year, we won’t be making any toys, so no presents for you. We know you’re disappointed, but honestly, we don’t care”
Well, for us hockey fans, the feeling is the same. Anger. Frustration. Disappointment. Got it?
See, hockey is “my” thing, from October to June. My time to relax, to enjoy myself, to let the stress go. What am I supposed to do now? UGH….
And the worse part, trying to explain it to a very disappointed 6 year old who has been looking forward to this hockey season since June. Thanks a lot.
Ok, I’m done venting. You can have the recipe now
Please enjoy it!!!
Have a great weekend!
- 1 large eggplant, cut in large cubes
- 4 cloves of garlic, grated
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp hot paprika
- ½ tsp cumin
- 1 tbsp agave nectar
- 3 tbsp pomegranate molasses
- ¾ cup water
- 1 cup of fresh pomegranate seeds
- basil or parsley for garnish
- Steam eggplant for 10 minutes (you can also boil it for about 15 minutes)
- In a large deep skillet, sauté garlic in olive oil over low heat for 2-3 minutes
- Add steamed eggplant, spices and mix to combine
- Add agave, pomegranate molasses and water. Bring to a boil and simmer for 20 minutes
- Before serving mix in fresh pomegranate seeds garnish with parsley or basil
- ENJOY! From May I have that recipe