Warm braised celery salad. We have elevated celery to a delectable vegetarian side dish spiced with turmeric, pepper and cumin with a touch of tangy lemon.
- 12 celery stalks, cut into 2 1/2-inch pieces
- 4 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 medium size carrots, thinly sliced
- 1/4-1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- 1 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1 cup water, divided
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley ( Optional)
- In a large skillet with a lid, heat olive oil and add celery, garlic, carrots, salt, pepper, turmeric and cumin. Cook at medium-high heat for about 5 minutes
- Add 1 1/2 cup of water, bring to a boil, reduce heat to medium and cook covered for 15 minutes.
- Add lemon juice and continue cooking for an additional 5 minutes.
- Garnish with fresh parsley, if using
- Category: Side Dish
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Passover
Keywords: Celery salad,