This vegan Tempeh and Black Bean Veggie burger is made with organic 3 grain tempeh and black beans. Quick, easy and ready in less than an hour.
- 1 tbsp ground flax seeds
- 3 tbsp unsweetened almond milk or water
- 1–8oz package tempeh
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp grilling or hamburger seasoning mix
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 cup cooked black beans
- 2 medium scallions, sliced thin
- 1/2 cup shredded vegan cheese ( we use GoVeggie! Mozzarella Style Vegan Shreds)
- 3 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat oven to 375F. Line a baking sheet aluminum foil and spray it generously with cooking spray.
- Combine ground flax seeds and almond milk or water in a small bowl. Set aside
- Crumble tempeh in a large bowl. Add Paprika, hamburger seasoning, salt and black pepper and toss gently
- Add black beans, scallions, cheese and flax mixture and using your hands, mash it all together until all the ingredients are well combined ( you can also use a food processor, but we prefer doing it by hand for more firm, less “mushy” texture)
- Divide the mixture in 4 pieces and shape each one into patties, about an inch thick
- Brush both sides of each patty with olive oil and carefully transfer them to the baking sheet. Bake at 375F for 30 minutes then broil for 5-7 minutes, watching them carefully so they don’t burn
- Serve on a bun with your favorite fixings… We love these with Home Made Hummus, Roasted Tomatillo Salsa or Romesco Sauce!
IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO MAKE EXTRA BURGERS AND FREEZE THEM WE RECOMMEND FREEZING THEM ALREADY COOKED.
- Serving Size: 1 burger - no bun
- Calories: 296
- Sugar: 6
- Sodium: 550
- Fat: 16
- Saturated Fat: 6
- Unsaturated Fat: 5
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 20
- Fiber: 9
- Protein: 18
- Cholesterol: 0