At only 60 calories each these Vegan Chocolate Truffles are a rich, creamy, and dense chocolate dessert worthy of a special occasion...but easy enough to make for an everyday treat!
- Melt chocolate and coconut oil in a small bowl ( you can do this in the microwave, at 20-second increments, stirring each time)
- Once the chocolate is melted, whisk in coconut yogurt, maple syrup, and almond butter until well incorporated. Refrigerate for 25 minutes or until it hardens enough to handle
- Working with approximately 2 teaspoons at a time ( you can use a small ice cream scoop if you have one), form the truffles using your hands, and roll them in cocoa powder. Refrigerate until ready to use
- Unsweetened chocolate has no added sugar or sweeteners, if you don't have it handy you may use dark bittersweet chocolate or chocolate chips instead. But note that the truffles will be sweeter and the calories with increase.
- You can find coconut yogurt in most grocery stores! It will either be with the regular yogurt or in a health food section. You may replace it with almond, cashew, or another plant-based yogurt.
- You may use sunflower butter or tahini if you have a nut allergy.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: No-bake
- Cuisine: Vegan
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 58
- Sugar: 2.2
- Sodium: 1.8
- Fat: 5
- Saturated Fat: 2.4
- Unsaturated Fat: 2.2
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 4.3
- Fiber: 1.2
- Protein: 0.6
- Cholesterol: 0
Keywords: Chocolate truffles, chocolate, vegan, gluten-free, naturally sweetened