This Sauteed Swiss Chard with Garlic and Cannellini Beans is an easy-to-make, filling, and nutritious dinner, when served on toasted sourdough bread, rice or quinoa. A beautifuly balanced vegan meal filled with nutrients and savory flavor.
- A Large bunch of Chard (any type)
- 2 tbs Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 5 large cloves of garlic, sliced
- 1/2 tsp Sea Salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes or Aleppo pepper (optional)
- 1- 15oz can of Cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 tspred wine vinegar or apple cider vinegar
- Wash swiss chard well and chop leaves in large pieces and stem in smaller pieces and keep them separate
- Heat olive oil in a large deep skillet at medium heat
- Add chopped garlic, cook for 2 minutes, making sure it doesn't burn
- Add chopped swiss chard stems and cook for 2-3 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add Swiss chard leaves and toss with garlic and olive oil and cook until it starts to wilt about 6 minutes
- Season with salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes (if using)
- Add Cannellini beans. Gently mix well together and continue to cook for 4-5 minutes, until the beans are hot.
- Add a splash of vinegar and cook for an additional 3-5 minutes.
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Mediterranean
- Serving Size: 1 cup
- Calories: 137
- Sugar: 0
- Sodium: 427
- Fat: 7.1
- Saturated Fat: 1
- Unsaturated Fat: 6.1
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 17
- Fiber: 6.6
- Protein: 5.7
- Cholesterol: 0
Keywords: Gluten-free, kosher, vegetarian