Super creamy cauliflower soup delicately flavored with saffron with a nice tangy contrast from the sumac oil.
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped (about 1 cup)
- 2 large garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 lbs frozen or fresh cauliflower florets
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 5 cups of water or vegetable broth
- 20 saffron threads
- Sautée onion and garlic in olive oil on a soup pot, over medium heat, until onion is translucent, about 10 minutes.
- Add cauliflower florets, salt and pepper and continue cooking for 10-12 minutes
- Add 5 cups of water, bring to a boil and simmer until cauliflower is tender, 20-25 minutes.
- Turn off heat. Add saffron, stir and cover. Let the saffron steep for about 20 minutes.
- Blend soup in a blender until creamy.
- Serve hot or warm with a drizzle of sumac oil (recipe follows).
- Serving Size: 1 cup
- Calories: 70
- Fat: 3.8
- Protein: 2.6
- Cholesterol: 0