Roasted Sweet Potatoes with Tahini and Silan is a festive, beautiful, and delicious dish that looks perfect on holiday tables! You’ll find yourself making it all winter long and craving it constantly.
- Preheat the oven to 400 F. Line one or two large baking sheets with parchment paper. The goal here is not to crowd the pan and to have the sweet potatoes in a single layer
- Peel and cut the sweet potatoes into 1/2" slices, and then cut each slice into cubes, by making 2-3 vertical cuts and 2-3 horizontal cuts (make sure the cubes are similar in size, so they cook evenly)
- Place the cut sweet potatoes in a large bowl, add olive oil, za'atar and salt and mix well to evenly coat
- Spread evenly and in a single layer on the lined baking sheet. Bake for 45 minutes or until the sweet potatoes are tender and slightly brown on the edges.
- Right before serving drizzle the tahini and silan on top, and sprinkle with pomegranates seeds and shelled pistachios
- At the grocery store or farmer’s market, choose a sweet potato that’s red or orange in color without any growths or soft spots.
- Cut the ends off and decide if you don't want to peel your sweet potatoes, wash them well. It’s a personal preference; many people don’t mind the skins on, we prefer a more uniform look and taste without skins
- Cut the sweet potato into uniform pieces. You can do rounds, fries or strips, or square cubes. The most important thing is to get the pieces as equally sized as possible for even cooking!
- Arrange them in your baking sheet so they aren’t touching or overlapping. When the sweet potatoes are covered or piled on they’ll steam instead of roast, which isn’t the texture we want when roasting!
- Pull them out of the oven when they reach your preferred texture! Some people like blackened bits, but we prefer a few light brown spots and a sweet potato that’s easily pierced with a fork.
- Prep Time: 25
- Cook Time: 45
- Category: Side
- Method: Roasting
- Cuisine: Middle Eastern
- Serving Size: 1/2 cup
- Calories: 226
- Sugar: 8.3
- Sodium: 195
- Fat: 8.3
- Saturated Fat: 1.2
- Unsaturated Fat: 7
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 35.4
- Fiber: 5.3
- Protein: 3.8
- Cholesterol: 0
Keywords: how to roast sweet potatoes, what is tahini? what is silan? Roasted sweet potatoes, kosher, thanksgiving