- 2 cups butternut squash. sliced thin
- 1 large carrot, sliced into thin rounds
- 1 apple, diced small
- 2 leeks white and light green parts, sliced thin
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/2 Tbsp dry rosemary, chopped
- 1/2 Tbsp dry thyme, chopped
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- For the crust:
- 2 cups flour
- 1/4 tsp dry thyme
- 1/4 tsp dry rosemary
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- 5 tbsp vegan butter, cubed and frozen
- 4 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 5 Tbsp ice water
For the Drizzle
- 2 Tbsp Silan (date syrup)
- A squeeze of lemon juice (optional)
- Pre-heat the oven to 375ºF
- In a large bowl combine all the filling ingredients and toss them well so that they are all coated with the oil, species, and herbs
- To prepare the crust, combine flour, thyme, rosemary, salt, and pepper in a food processor. Pulse 2-3 times. Add olive oil, vegan butter, and pulse until it looks like cornmeal.
- Add water 1 tablespoon at a time and keep processing the dough until it comes together to form a dough ball. if the dough doesn't form a ball but comes together when you pinch with your finders transfer it to a bowl and knead it lightly with your hands.
- Roll the dough between 2 pieces of lightly floured parchment paper to form an 8-inch circle. Place the veggies in the center leaving about a 2-inch border. Fold the sides over the filling.
- Carefully grab the parchment paper and transfer the galette to a large baking sheet. Bake for one hour and 10 minutes.
- Drizzle Silan (date syrup) and a squeeze of lemon right before serving.
This post was originally published on September 26, 2016.
- Prep Time: 20 mins
- Cook Time: 70 mins`
- Category: Side
- Method: baked
- Cuisine: Fall
- Serving Size: 1 slice
- Calories: 290
- Sugar: 5.4
- Sodium: 232
- Fat: 15.4
- Saturated Fat: 6.9
- Unsaturated Fat: 7.5
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 35.3
- Fiber: 3
- Protein: 4
- Cholesterol: 0
Keywords: Vegan, Rosh Hashanah, Thanksgiving, Side, butternut Squash Galette, savory