Quinoa, almond flour, and a dollop of jelly make for the tastiest Quinoa Breakfast Cookies around! Make them for Passover or anytime you’re craving a treat that’s also nutritious.
- 1 cup almond flour ( 105 gr)
- 2/3 cup uncooked quinoa ( 120gr)
- 1/4 cup maple syrup, honey, or silan (50 ml)
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 TSP baking powder
- A pinch of salt
- 2 tbsp neutral-tasting vegetable oil
- Raspberry Jelly or any jelly of your choice, Almond butter, chocolate spread, or No-Fuss Salted Tahini Date Caramel (optional)
- Heat oven to 350F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper
- Place quinoa in the bowl of a food processor and process for about 30 seconds This will breakdown the quinoa to form a coarse flour.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and process until you a dough ball forms. Make sure to scrape the sides of the bowl, so all the ingredients are well combined.
- Wrap the dough in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes. Don't skip this step or the dough will be too sticky to handle.
- Cut 2 large pieces of parchment paper, place the cookie dough on one piece of parchment and place the other piece of parchment on top of the cookie dough.
- Using a rolling pin flatten the cookie dough to about 1/4" thick.
- Using a cookie cutter, the size of an oreo cookie. Cut out circles of dough and place them in the prepared baking sheet. If you don't have a cookie-cutter you can use the rim of a glass. Roll out the remaining dough and cut out more cookies.
- Bake for 10 minutes. Let the cookies cool completely and store them in an airtight container
- Enjoy as-is or with a filling ( See note 1)
- You can make a sandwich cookie by filling these quinoa breakfast cookies with fruit jelly, almond butter, peanut butter, chocolate spread, or No-Fuss Salted Tahini Date Caramel
- It's important to store the cookies in an air thight container once they are completely cool, so they don't get soggy.
- Category: Cookies
- Method: baking
- Cuisine: Jewish
- Serving Size: 1 cookie without filling
- Calories: 42
- Sugar: 1.7
- Sodium: .5
- Fat: .9
- Saturated Fat: 0
- Unsaturated Fat: .2
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 4.9
- Fiber: .4
- Protein: 1.1
- Cholesterol: 0
Keywords: passover, cookies, gluten-free,