Pan con tomate is a simple yet delicious tapa from Barcelona. Toasted bread, with fresh grated tomatoes, olive oil, and salt. Comfort food Barcelona Style!
- Ciabbata, Baguette or Rustic Bread
- Ripe, flavorful tomatoes
- Extra Virgin Olive oil
- See Note about amounts
- Grate tomatoes in a large bowl
- Season with salt. Toast the bread lightly, until golden brown.
- Drizzle bread with olive oil
- Spread tomato over the bread
- Enjoy plain…
- Or with your favorite topping. some of our favorites are tuna packed in olive oil, tortilla de patatas and Manchego cheese
- ENJOY! from May I Have That Recipe
- Use as much bread, tomatoes, olive oil and salt as you need and depending on how many people you have in your table
- Pan con tomate is a very simple tapa from Spain, it is so delicious, that you should make more than you think you will need.
- If you are a fresh garlic fan, peel and cut a clove of garlic in half and rub some of the garlic on the toasted bread.
- Serving Size: 1/2 ciabbata bun
- Calories: 136
- Sugar: 3
- Sodium: 223
- Fat: 3.7
- Saturated Fat: .8
- Unsaturated Fat: 1.8
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 22
- Fiber: 2
- Protein: 5.2
- Cholesterol: 0