- 1 pita pocket
- 2 slices cheddar cheese (2 ounces) or 2 ounces shredded cheddar cheese ( abput 1/4 cup)
- 1 ounce crumbled feta cheese ( about ¼ cup)
- 1 tsp zatar**
- ½ tbsp butter
- Carefully, open up the pita pocket and sprinkle shredded cheddar cheese, making sure it doesn’t get too close to the edges.
- Add feta cheese on top and sprinkle with zatar
- Melt butter on a skillet at medium low heat. Place sandwich and cook until golden brown, for about a minute or two.
- Turn the sandwich over and let it cook until the bread is golden brown and the cheese has melted.
- ENJOY!! From May I have that recipe
* For a vegan option, you can substitute non-dairy cheese for regular cheese.
**Zatar is a Middle Easter herb mixture that can be found in specialty stores. If you can’t find it, try using oregano, thyme or Italian seasoning.
- Cook Time: 10 mins
- Category: Sandwich