- 1 pita pocket
- 1 oz cheddar cheese*
- ¼ cup crumbled feta cheese*
- 1 tsp zatar**
- ½ tbsp butter or non-hydrogenated vegetable spread
- Carefully, open up the pita pocket and arrange cheddar cheese, making sure it doesn’t get too close to the edges.
- Add feta cheese on top and sprinkle with zatar
- Melt butter on a skillet at medium low heat. Place sandwich and cook until golden brown, for about a minute or two.
- Turn the sandwich over and let it cook until the bread is golden brown and the cheese has melted.
For a vegan option, you can substitute non-dairy cheese for regular cheese. We love Daiya for this sandwich!
Zatar is a Middle Easter herb mixture that can be found in specialty stores. If you can’t find it, try using oregano, thyme or Italian seasoning.