Our gluten-free Lemon Blueberry Cake does double duty – delivering lemony brightness and dense sweet blueberries in a beautiful almond cake that is perfect for Passover, Easter, or other special occasions.
- 2 cups almond meal
- 2 tbsp potato starch
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 1 tsp natural vanilla extract
- Zest of 2 medium organic lemons (or to taste)
- Pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Lightly grease an 8 inch round baking pan and place a piece of parchment paper at the bottom of the pan. Place oven rack in medium-low position
- Combine the almond meal, potato starch and baking powder in a bowl, and mix well. Set aside
- Combine the eggs, sugar, vanilla, salt and lemon zest in a large bowl. Using an electric mixer, beat for 3-4 minutes. Add the almond meal mixture and mix until just combined
- Fold in the blueberries, but reserve a few to place top of the batter.
- Transfer the batter to the greased lined pan (See Note #1)
- Place the reserved blueberries on top of the batter.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until a knife inserted in the middle comes out clean. Let it cool completely and sprinkle with confectioners’ sugar before serving
- The batter will be thick and may be hard to spread into the mold, just wet you hands to help you spread the batter.
- Serving Size: 1/8
- Calories: 229
- Sugar: 11.1
- Sodium: 18
- Fat: 15.2
- Saturated Fat: 1.4
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 19.3
- Fiber: 3.2
- Protein: 7.6
- Cholesterol: 46.5