These Fudgy Double Chocolate brownies are the moistest, fudgiest brownies you will ever taste. Just thank Sam Turnbull for this incredible recipe. Sam is the bubbly, spunky creator of the successful vegan blog It Doesn’t Taste Like Chicken. In her first cookbook Fuss-Free Vegan, Sam created a vegan version of her favorite comfort food recipes.
1 cup vegan chocolate chips
½ cup vegan butter
1 cup white sugar
½ cups non-dairy milk (such as soy or almond)
1 tsp vanilla extract
½ cup all-purpose flour
¼ cup cocoa powder
1 ½ tsp baking powder
¼ tsp salt
½ cup chopped walnuts (optional)
1. Preheat your oven to 350°F. Grease an 8-x 8-inch baking pan.
2. In a small saucepan, melt together the chocolate chips and butter, making sure to remove the saucepan from the heat just as it’s finished melting to ensure you don’t burn the chocolate.
3. Pour the melted chocolate into a mixing bowl. Add the sugar, non-dairy milk,andvanilla and mix well.
Now add the flour, cocoa, baking powder,and salt and mix until combined. Finally, add the walnuts (if using).
4. Pour the batter into the prepared baking pan and bake for 30–35 minutes, until the brownies are pulling away from the sides of the pan and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out with just a few moist crumbs on it. Let the brownies cool and set overnight. This is the key to perfect gooey brownies.
5. To store, let the brownies cool completely, then cover with foil or plastic wrap and keep at room temperature for the best texture. For longer storage put in an air tight container and store in the fridge.
- Serving Size: 1 brownie without walnuts
- Calories: 251
- Sugar: 27
- Fat: 13
- Carbohydrates: 33
- Fiber: 2
- Protein: 2
- Cholesterol: 0