- 3/4 cup raw Whole Grain Freekeh from Freekehlicious
- 3/4 cup raw green french lentils
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/8 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 cup shredded zucchini
- 1/2 cup fresh chopped parsley
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 tsp salt (or to taste)
- 1/4 tsp turmeric (or to taste)
- 1/4 tsp cumin (or to taste)
- 4 large red bell peppers
- Preheat oven to 400F
- In a medium size sauce pan bring 4 cups of water to a boil. Add 1 teaspoon of salt, 1/2 teaspoon of turmeric, 1/2 teaspoon of cumin and 1/8 teaspoon of ground black pepper. Add freekeh and lentils, bring to a boil, cover and simmer for 30 minutes
- In the meantime cut off the top of the peppers (do not discard) and remove seeds and membranes
- Remove freekeh and lentils from heat and drain any excess water.
- In a large bowl, combine 1 cup of freekeh mixture, zucchini, parsley, olive oil and remaining salt, turmeric and cumin and mix well
- Fill peppers 3/4 of the way. Place tops on top. Transfer stuffed peppers to a baking dish and bake at 400F for 40 minutes.
- Drizzle with pomegranate reduction right before serving.
You will have extra cooked freekeh and lentils. You can use it as a side dish, add it to a salad, or use it here instead of wheat berries
- Category: Main
- Cuisine: Kosher / Vegan