- 2 pita pockets
- 2 romaine lettuce hearts, shredded
- 1 large cucumber, diced
- ½ large yellow bell pepper, diced
- ½ large red bell pepper, diced
- ½ large orange bell pepper, diced
- 2 medium tomatoes, diced or 1-pint grape tomatoes
- 1 small bunch of parsley, chopped
- 1 small bunch of fresh mint (optional, since it is not always available)
- 2 tbsp sumac
- 1/4 cup olive oil or more to taste
- 1/3 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice or less to taste
- Salt to taste (we used 1 tsp)
- Preheat the oven at 375F
- Separate each pita pocket, place them on a cookie sheet and drizzle a little bit of extra virgin olive oil on each half
- Bake in the oven until golden brown. Set aside to cool.
- In a large bowl, combine lettuce, cucumber, peppers, tomatoes, parsley, and mint if using
- Add sumac and salt.
- Brake the toasted pita into small pieces over the salad
- Add lemon and olive oil and toss well.
- ENJOY!! From May I Have That Recipe