This Fresh Corn Salad with Avocado is an absolute go-to recipe. It’s so easy to make and it adds a pop of happy, summery color to your meal. The ingredients are really easy to find and there are so many ways to customize this corn salad recipe so that it’s just right for you and your family.
- 4 ears of fresh white corn, alternatively you can use 4 cups of frozen corn
- 2 cups of frozen yellow corn kernels, thawed
- 1 tbs extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 tsp of salt
- 1/8-1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 20 cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 3-4 Persian cucumbers, diced
- 1/2 cup Pickled Onions or red onions, diced small
- One 8 ounce jar of hearts of palm, sliced
- 1 large Hass avocado, diced
- 1/3 cup of Schug, see note 1 for alternative salad dressing options
- Using a sharp paring knife. Cut kernels out of the ears of corn.
- In a large skillet heat olive oil, add fresh corn kernels and season with salt and pepper. Cook in medium-high heat for 5 minutes or until corn starts turning a slightly golden color. You can skip this step, if you would like, but he recommended it sweetens the corn.
- While the corn is cooking you can microwave the frozen corn for 3-5 minutes or just soak it in water until thawed. Corn can be eaten raw.
- Right before serving mix corn and the remaining ingredients In a large bowl. Add the salad dressing of your choice.
- You can make this corn salad 1-2 hours ahead of time
- If you are making this corn salad more than 2 hours ahead of time prepare the corn, add hearts of palm and pickled onions, but wait and add the tomatoes, cucumbers, avocado and dressing right before serving.
- Make this corn salad your own by picking your favorite salad dressing. Here are some options: homemade(or store-bought Pesto, Tomatillo salsa for a flavorful Southwestern salad, Chimichurri is light and refreshing, Lemony Dressing creates a zesty and bright salad or the red wine Vinaigrette we used for our easy pasta salad
- Category: Salad
- Method: raw
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 cup without dressing
- Calories: 140
- Sugar: 3.9
- Sodium: 148
- Fat: 4.2
- Saturated Fat: .6
- Unsaturated Fat: 3.1
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 23
- Fiber: 4
- Protein: 4
- Cholesterol: 0
Keywords: corn salad, how to make corn salad, vegan, gluten-free