- 2 medium carrots, grated
- 2 Persian cucumbers, cut into long strips
- 1 Hass avocado, slightly firm, sliced (squeeze lemon juice to avocado to avoid turning brown)
- 8 oz extra firm, high protein tofu (here we used Trader Joe’s brand)
- a bunch of pea sprouts, alfalfa sprouts, cilantro, or parsley
- 1 tbsp corn starch
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 8 round rice paper sheets
- 1/2 lemon
- Warm water
- For the Peanut Coconut Sauce
- 3 tbsp peanut butter
- 2 tbsp coconut milk ( here we used So Delicious Culinary Coconut Milk )
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp diced hot cherry peppers
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar
- Cut tofu into 8 slices, and cut each slice in half. Dust with 1 tablespoon of corn starch and 1/2 tsp salt.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of canola oil in a non stick skillet and cook tofu, over medium-low heat, 2-3 minutes per side. Set aside to cool slightly
- Place warm water in a round pie dish, insert rice paper sheets just to soften them and carefully take them out.
- Place rice paper on a plate or cutting board and arrange 2 pieces of tofu, some carrots, cucumber strips, sprouts and avocado in the center. Roll as shown in the picture.
- To prepare the coconut peanut sauce, whisk all the ingredients together until well combined.
- Cut rolls in half before serving and serve with coconut peanut sauce.