Super creamy and luscious vegan pumpkin ice cream with a gluten free topping and crunchy pecans. Heavenly!
- 1 cup roughly chopped pecans or walnuts
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1-15oz can pumpkin
- 1 pint container of French Vanilla Coconut Milk Creamer (we use So Delicious)
- 1 cup vanilla flavored unsweetened non-dairy milk
- 1-6oz container of vanilla coconut milk yogurt (we use So Delicious)
- 1/3 cup sunflower oil
- 2 tbsp maple syrup or agave nectar
- 1 1/2 tbsp pumpkin pie spice (or to taste. This amount will give the ice cream a pretty strong spice flavor!)
- 1/2 tsp guar gum (optional) (See note)
- 1 tbsp whiskey or bourbon if you prefer (optional) (See note)
- Crushed cinnamon graham crackers for garnish
- Combine pecans or walnuts and brown sugar in a small bowl. Mix well using your hands so the walnuts are coated. Cook at medium low heat in a non stick skillet for 3-5 minutes, stirring constantly. Set aside to cool
- Combine all ingredients, except whiskey, in a blender and mix until well combined. Chill in the refrigerator for about 2 hours or overnight.
- Once the ice cream base is chilled, add whiskey and mix well. Pour into an ice cream maker and churn until an ice cream like consistency is reached (time will vary depending the ice cream maker). Transfer to a bowl and mix in caramelized pecans.
- Top with crushed cinnamon graham crackers before serving
Guar gum and whiskey give the vegan ice cream a softer and creamier consistency. You can omit these two ingredients, but keep in mind it will be slightly harder
- Category: Dessert