- ½ pound whole wheat penne or elbow pasta, cooked
- 4 tbsp coconut oil or all natural, non-hydrogenated shortening (we used Earth Balance Natural Shortening)
- 2 tbsp whole wheat flour
- 2 cups coconut or almond milk (we use Silk)
- 1 ½ cups shredded vegan cheese (we use Galaxy Nutritional)
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- Salt to taste
- Cooking spray
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs
- ½ tsp dried oregano
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 2 tsp olive oil
- Prepare a 9”x 9” square baking dish with cooking spray
- Melt coconut oil or shortening in a large non-stick soup pot
- Add flour. Stir well and let it brown at medium heat for 1-2 minutes
- Add coconut or almond milk, stirring constantly and making sure there are no lumps
- Add salt and pepper. Bring to a simmer
- Add shredded cheese, stir well and cook until all the cheese has melted and the sauce has thickened.
- Add cooked pasta, mix well making sure it’s all well coated with the sauce.
- Transfer the pasta to baking dish. Set aside.
- Preheat oven at 400F
- In a small bowl, combine panko bread crumb, oregano, salt and olive oil. Mix well.
- Sprinkle topping all over the pasta.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes until golden brown
- ENJOY! From May I have that recipe.