You really should make these melt in your mouth, flourless vegan chocolate cookies. Our gluten-free vegan chocolate cookies make a great Passover cookie. No one will believe they are Kosher for Passover and flourless. They taste so good!
- 1 1/3 cups vegan chocolate chips, semi-sweet or dark. See note 1
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil or coconut oil
- 2 tbsp almond butter, at room temperature. See note 2
- 2/3 cup almond meal
- 1/2 cup potato starch
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 cup roasted hazelnuts, roughly chopped. See note 3
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper
- Melt chocolate chips with the oil in a large bowl, over a double boiler or in the microwave ( at 20-second increments, stirring each time). Once melted, whisk in almond butter and mix well.
- In a separate bowl, combine almond meal, potato starch, cocoa powder, sugar and salt. Add to melted chocolate and mix using a wooden spoon, until well incorporated. Fold in the hazelnuts
- The cookie dough will be loose, similar to a brownie batter. Spoon about 2 tablespoons of batter into one spoon, and with the help of another spoon push the batter into the lined baking sheet. Try to keep the shape in a circle.
- Bake for 10 minutes and let them cool completely, before removing them from the tray.
- You can use your favorite chocolate here. The darker the chocolate the more intense the chocolate flavor. We found that mixing 45% cocoa chocolate chips with 70% cocoa chocolate chips yields the best results.
- You may use peanut butter or any seed butter. But we like the way these cookies taste with almond butter the best. If the almond butter seems a little dry place it in the microwave for 5-10 seconds to soften or mix well in the jar.
- You can use any nuts here, walnuts, pecans almonds, etc. Just make sure they are roughly chopped, so you can get that crunch and texture.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 10 mins
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: Passover
- Serving Size: 1 cookie
- Calories: 187
- Sugar: 13
- Sodium: 291
- Fat: 11
- Saturated Fat: 6
- Unsaturated Fat: 2
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 21
- Fiber: 2
- Protein: 3
- Cholesterol: 0
Keywords: Gluten-Free, kosher, Passover, Pesach, flourless